This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Sound control

3 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Help.

 

I had to reinstall windows10 prof. through Recovery.

 

Problem: Sound symbol on lower task bar, however, it no longer

opens to allow the Volume to be changed. It used to open when

clicked upon and I could change volume. No more!

 

What shall I do?  Thank you.

 

 

Hello wesi,

 

Couple of questions if I may;

 

Is there an x next to the speaker icon.

 

Are you left or right clicking on the speaker icon, have you tried both, what if anything happened when you tried right clicking on the speaker icon. 

The fact that you have a speaker icon, no x and left/right clicking on the speaker icon does nothing is odd, you would normally have no speaker icon either, most odd.

 

Have you reinstalled the drivers for the motherboard since reinstalling Windows 10 Pro and starting with the chipset drivers first.

 

Download then run Speccy (free) and post the resultant url for us, details here, this will provide us with information about your computer hardware + any software that you have installed that may explain the present issue/s. 

 

To publish a Speccy profile to the Web:

  1. In Speccy, click File, and then click Publish Snapshot.
  2. In the Publish Snapshot dialog box, click Yes to enable Speccy to proceed.
  3. Speccy publishes the profile and displays a second Publish Snapshot. You can open the URL in your default browser, copy it to the clipboard, or close the dialog box.

 

You are welcome btw  :)

 I saved the url to    clipboard.  How do I get to clipboard?  I was not able to copy and paste to this post.

 

I have very little idea of how this contraption works. At 72 I am a bit lost. Similarly, I do not know how to install

drivers. I thought windows did it all.   Thank you for your time and effort.

For the speccy url, see if the attachment below helps.

 

Regarding the drivers, Windows does sometimes update drivers, problem is that they sometimes install the wrong ones.

 

If this is a brand name computer it may be easier if you post the brand and model name or number and let us look for the correct drivers for you.

 

 

Regarding step 4 in the Speccy attachment info, to paste the url into your reply you right click in the dialogue input box, click on paste and then Add Reply when you are ready.

 

Attachments:

Sorry. It copies but right click in reply does not provide option to paste. It gives many choices for saving as etc etc

 

No   Paste at all.

 

How about getting to  Clipboard. What is it?

If this is a brand name computer it may be easier if you post the brand and model name or number and let us look for the correct drivers for you.

 

 

Can you post this information for us please, we can then look for the drivers while you experiment with the Speccy url.

 

An example Speccy url as it will appear in the WTT dialogue input box http://speccy.piriform.com/results/nGmV1yekiTFbWJJ1oggVwcV

The pc is  Lenevo ideacentre  K4 series.

 

 

There is more than one model in that range of PC and without knowing the exact one we cannot find the correct drivers for you, all is not lost though, see driver info here please note what it is advised regarding Windows 10 drivers.

 

You are welcome btw  :)

I believe it to be  K450.  If it matters it has  Intel core i5.

 

It is now getting bedtime my time.Must take 8 medicine and go to bed. Talk to you tomorrow.

Problem solved.

 

Downloaded app from Lenovo. Ran it to scan and auto find drivers. It came up with

just one—-Audio driver dated 2015!. Installed and rebooted. It worked.

 

Thank you very much.Deeply appreciate your time and effort.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI