This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

System Service Exception What failed: NETIO.SYS

3 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Juliet who is a member here helped me at https://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?76645-Malware-logs-are-attached-this-is-HP-Omen-running-Win-10&p=480695#post480695and suggested I come here as I have an issue that you may be able to help with.

 

It seems to be related to drivers for LAN/network adapters and the BSOD error is

 

System Service Exception What failed: NETIO.SYS

 

If a dump file is needed, I am having trouble creating one, which I understand may be in part due to the fact this gaming PC has the paging file on the D drive while system root is on the C drive.

 

This PC is  HP OMEN 870 Ultra Performance VR Ready Desktop PC (Intel Core i7-7700K Liquid Cooled CPU, 8GB GDDR5X NVIDIA GTX 1080 Graphics, Windows 10 Professional, 512GB SSD + 3TB 7200RPM Storage, 64GB DDR4 RAM). I don't use it for gaming btw.

:welcome:   geercom,

 

To make sure that crash dmps are enabled on your computer see the Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD info here to check for and upload any dmps follow the steps below;

 

1. Copy any dmp files from C:\Windows\Minidump onto the desktop.

2. Select all of them, right-click on one, and click on Send To> New Compressed (zipped) Folder.
3. Upload the zip folder using the More Options tab, Choose File then the Upload a File tab.

 

We could do with some further info on your hardware and software;

 

Download then run Speccy (free) and post the resultant url for us, details here, this will provide us with information about your computer hardware + any software that you have installed that may explain the present issue/s. 

 

To publish a Speccy profile to the Web:

 

In Speccy, click File, and then click Publish Snapshot.

In the Publish Snapshot dialog box, click Yes to enable Speccy to proceed.

Speccy publishes the profile and displays a second Publish Snapshot. You can open the URL in your default browser, copy it to the clipboard, or close the dialog box.

Here is the link to the SPeccy data: 

 

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/wqhj2xzzLvN7tkcOTyzdgUN

 

This time rather than the NETIO.SYS stop code, which I may have fixed with a NIC card update from HP, it gave attempted execute of no execute memory. The dump file is attached. Whether it makes any difference, it did this just as I started to run a Malwarebytes scan. I did just get the malware cleaned off my system with the help of a tech at Safer Networking. What I have read says that this exception could be caused by 

 

Cause 1: Corrupt Windows system files

This error often occurs because of corrupt Windows system files that were changed because of a disk write error, power outage or virus attack.

Cause 2: Outdated or misconfigured drivers

Another possible cause for this error is an outdated or misconfigured device driver. This happens often after a Windows Update, or system upgrade/downgrade.

Cause 3: Malfunctioning memory modules

The last possible cause for this error is a faulty memory module that gives read/write error when the system attempts to access it.

Only thing that I am seeing in Speccy is that you have a couple of Windows 10 updates that appear to have installed multiple times, this may or may not be related to the recent crashes but MBAM is shown to be the problem in your latest crash dmp;

 

 

BUGCHECK_STR:  0xFC

 
PROCESS_NAME:  MBAMService.ex
 
CURRENT_IRQL:  0
 
BAD_PAGES_DETECTED: 37d09
 
For testing purposes, uninstall MBAM and Lansweeper, restart the computer, test then post back with an update for us.

I uninstalled MBAM. Though I see search results for Lansweeper, it does not show up in Programs in control panel or in Revo Uninstaller. How do I uninstall it then? And by test it after that  you mean wait for it to throw another blue screen?

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI