Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

To Government Officials, Staff, And Volunteers, Pl

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 New Raider

New Raider

Authentic Member

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 26 July 2004 - 12:48 PM

You now can backup DVDs for personal use. I would normally shout "HOORAY!", but it seems like a hollow victory the way it's written up. I didn't even read it yet and I know it's worded incorrectly. How do I know this? It was said this law was to be for "Next Generation" players. These work similar to Bluetooth technology and can upload and download from the Web in p2p file sharing. We know KaZa and KaZa Lite comes complete with adware, Web beacons, tracking cookies, Web dialers, and Trojan hijackers. Do we really need our home DVD players this way? A small RF megachip is inside, emitting a tracking signal like a Web dialer, but 10 times stronger. Download a video straight to your DVD, and they'll know everything about you. My second misgiving is the new Family Viewing bill, which would allow for auto-censor technology to be used, declairing it as not in violation of the MPG. (Movie Producer's Guild) This is censorship plain and simple, and it's most likely to be incorperated with the DVD Backup Law. Please pin this.

Edited by New Raider, 26 July 2004 - 01:07 PM.

Advertisements

Register to Remove