This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Win 10 1709 - No longer able to identify Huawei e3276 USB modem

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi.

 

Since last update to Win 10 Fall Creators update (1709) my USB modem (Huawei e3276 with HiLink) is no longer identified.

 

Earlier Win (Vista, 7 &10 1703) did not have this problem. The USB modem was always deemed as (or emulating) an Ethernet connection.

 

Now I have to manually configure (Local Area Network) IPv4 address, Default Gateway, Subnet Mask and DNS servers etc.

 

Furthermore, every time the computer is restarted there is no internet connection. The adapter has to be disabled and subsequently enabled in order to work. Alternatively, running 'diagnose' will also fix the problem.

 

Nothing, that I can see, is altered in the 'adapter properties' settings - so, what does disable/enable or diagnose do behind the scene?

 

Though I am connected to the internet my 'Routercheck' program tells there is no internet connection!

 

None of the Win 10 'Troubleshooters' can remedy the malfunction.

 

Anyone have a clue as what to do in order to get Win 10 1709 identify the modem as an Ethernet connection again?

 

 

Thanks for answering.

 

Yes, I checked that posting (and many other) before posting here - and,  I dont't have 'Cellullar' in my 'Settings'. Also, I tried all other options in adapter settings etc with no success.

 

Windows sets 'Ethernet, Local Area Network' to the most basic settings (all wrong though).

 

DHCP IPv4 doesn't work, which it did before the update.

 

I have the old settings on another, not updated, computer but can't get the same 'Network status pane' or 'adapter' to show on the updated one.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI