This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Uninstall Windows from step HD?

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello

 

I have a spare HD that i use only for file storage. Recently, I reformatted my main HD and installed Windows 10 Pro in the second hard drive. It diminished the free space on it considerably. Is there a way I can uninstall Windows from there and maintain it only in the main HD?

 

Thanks in advance,

 

Pablo

The easiest way would be to copy all the file storage off to another drive, format it then copy them back, then install Win 10 on the main HD.

Hello,

 

Thanks. That's certainly the main form of action. Tho I'm sorry to know we don't have an "Uninstall Windows" option.

 

Regards,

 

Pablo

There is no uninstall windows,.

 

You could delete all the Windows files and folders manually.  For instance, my boot drive has these on it:

 

 Directory of C:\

04/06/2017  09:55 PM   

          ESD
02/18/2017  11:52 PM              NST
03/18/2017  05:03 PM              PerfLogs
05/18/2017  07:59 PM              Program Files
05/31/2017  10:28 PM              Program Files (x86)
04/07/2017  09:25 PM              Users
08/01/2017  09:16 PM              Windows

 

If you deleted those that would get 99.9% of Windows, Might be hard to delete all of them though as some are pretty effectively protected by the OS.

 

The better, cleaner and faster way is as I described. Copy what you want to keep elsewhere, format the drive then copy the saved data back.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI