Ever since installing Win10 my diagnostic tools have been reporting an 'Unknown device' - I've had it uninstalled and disabled many times.
But, it keeps coming back after every boot, sleep and hibernate. Some data: 'drivers not installed (Code 28)' - no drivers found on the i-net either,
'Install Error E 0000228', 'In root container
[Classroom Teacher ken545 (in another thread):
'That unknown device looks like it pointing to Sony Wireless.
This is what i would do, post in our Windows forum, this forum is for malware removal only, they would be the guys to help you with the Unknown device error. https://forums.whatt…p?showforum=119 <—-Post here']
if the intel update utility didn't find anything to update to solve the problem then i'd head over to sony's site and update the software and drivers for your machine (which i believe is a sony vaio laptop.) from there. :- https://www.sony.com/
and follow the advice of Gz8. Once those drivers are installed, your warning might go away. What's a little weird is that that everything I can find about that error points to a Windows 8 driver. I don't know if this will work with Windows 10.