This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Idea I'm having idea as well as wanting to make reality!

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

My old self-built tower had 6 internal SATA drives in it, I've move to a new HP Pavilion laptop and "retired" my old system…had A BUNCH stuff(movies, music, software, etc) am kind really missing now!!!
My idea is use a Raspberry Pi and building a Home NAS using my old drives and the Pi as the brain!!!
Looking/Asking for any advice/suggestions on maybe good idea or bad, if bad any alternative methods!!!
Smaller the better, not limited on space but not wishing for full rack-mount tower either (NAS that can sit in corner of room with modem, router, etc)!!!!
Why thought of Pi, size & price!!! :)

This sounds like a good idea.  I've heard of it being done.  Unfortunately, I have no experience with the Pi or home NAS so I don't have any advice or suggestions.

 

I wish I did.  It sounds like a fun little project.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI