This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Computer running slow [Solved]

29 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

The only thing I notices now is that every time I log off my laptop, I get the message that keeps asking me if I want to set Google as my default browser. I constantly clicks yes. If that's the case then why I am still getting that prompt? 

 

Also, the Kapersky box keeps coming up as well. I have tried for days to delete Kapersky off of my laptop. It will not let me. 

I will look for something else before removing it. I had delete one part of Kaspersky; but wasn't able to use delete this version. My laptop is still doing the blue screen deal where it tells me that my computer has run into some problems and needs to reboot but I guess I am ok with what has been done thus far to help me be able to use it now. 

Good morning,

 

I was just wondering what was topic was suppose to come up once I clicked on this link. The three times I clicked on it, a tab opened up asking me to set "Google" as my default page. I thought this would be a link to choose "antivirus" software to download. So, then I did a browser reset for Google. Now, I gets a list talking about Firefox. My browser isn't Firefox, so I was wondering is there something in one of these topics you want me to read?

 

Make Google your default search provider – Google  
Make Google your default search provider in your browser to get the fastest access to Google Search results. Switching is fast and easy.
Content Security Policy (CSP) - HTTP | MDN - Mozilla Developer …  
https://developer.mozilla.org› MDN › Web technology for developers › HTTP
  1.  
Content Security Policy (CSP) is an added layer of security that helps to detect and mitigate … Let's consider a page located at http://example.com/signup.html .
X-Frame-Options - HTTP | MDN - Mozilla Developer Network  
https://developer.mozilla.org› … › HTTP › HTTP headers
  1.  
Nov 15, 2016 - The X-Frame-Options HTTP response header can be used to indicate whether or not … X-Frame-Options: ALLOW-FROM https://example.com/ …
Strict-Transport-Security - HTTP | MDN - Mozilla Developer Network  
https://developer.mozilla.org› … › HTTP › HTTP headers
  1.  
Nov 29, 2016 - The HTTP Strict-Transport-Security response header (often … HTML · CSS · JavaScript · Graphics · HTTP · APIs / DOM · WebExtensions · MathML …. While the service is hosted by Google, all browsers have stated an … in Chrome : https://www.chromium.org/hsts; Consultation of the Firefox ….CSP directives.
Implementing Content Security Policy Mozilla Hacks – the Web …  
Feb 16, 2016 - Content Security Policy (CSP) is a security standard introduced to help prevent …

goodness

 

The only thing I notices now is that every time I log off my laptop, I get the message that keeps asking me if I want to set Google as my default browser. I constantly clicks yes. If that's the case then why I am still getting that prompt?

 

I sent a link that was to help set google as default browser….

no clue what that other jibberish is

 

Did the Kaspersky files/folders come off?

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI