I went online today and saw this 'blurb' about needing to Scan my computer every time I open it for viruses. Then the link took me to SCANGUARD. They were advertising a FREE version at http://www.smartwebuser.org/104. Has anyone ever heard of this program? Is this a scam? Could this be some way that hackers can easily gain entrance into my computer? I'm very suspicious.
Is SCANGUARD a good product? [Solved]
1 min read
OK, I read the link you just gave me and saw this:
Posted 22 October 2016 - 05:26 AM
Greetings, just a heads up on something called "Scan Guard". I like many others like to try different things anyway came across this little ditty callled Scan Guard it's an anti virus. booster.cleaner etc. also for a limited time it's "free" (till tomorrow !0-23-16) red flag right there. Anyway install ed it ran it when finished said I had 2 threats proceeded to "resolve" had a few choices quarantine, delete (forgot the third) so I hit quarantine which brought me to another page where it asks you to "purchase" another product at sale cost to remove the threat. So on this happy note I uninstalled the product and am here to give my heads up. You guys are great on this site, helped me many times just wanted to return the favor. Thank you.
So I'll not be installing this product. Thanks much
You're welcome.
Is there anything else or are you happy to close this topic?
Since this issue appears to be resolved … this Topic has been closed. Glad we could be of assistance.
If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.
Everyone else please follow the instructions here http://forums.whatthetech.com/you_Infected_t106388.html
and start a New Topic.
Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI