This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
What the Tech Community

(Concern) What is Angler Exploit Kit: Website 6

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Hi All,

I just want to ask if there are internet security specialists out there if they know what "Angler Exploit Kit Website 6" is?

I have researched on this malware and I have found it sends malware of the attackers choice! Which I find is really creepy..I got it I think early this year when my Norton 360 Premier found this malware…I just wonder when this malware slipped into my system. I also want to know when this malware was created..please..I just want to know what year and date this malware was released since I don't know when this malware creeped into my system. So please if any of you have knowledge of this version of Angler malware please tell me when this malware is created! So please tell me what this malware is and when it was created please? Also what types (common types) or malware this malware sends on to a computer system.

 

please answer and thank-you

 

 Hi Concerned guy and welcome to our forums,

 

:welcome:

 

Angler was first identified late in 2013 and is a pretty nasty  thing to deal with.

Here's 2 links to the information you seek:

 

https://heimdalsecurity.com/blog/ultimate-guide-angler-exploit-kit-non-technical-people/

http://www.mcafee.com/uk/resources/solution-briefs/sb-quarterly-threat-q4-2014-2.pdf

 

 

for further in depth research you could look at the following:

 

https://www.symantec.com/security_response/attacksignatures/detail.jsp?asid=27430

 

https://blogs.sophos.com/2015/07/21/a-closer-look-at-the-angler-exploit-kit/

 

https://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2016/01/21/angler-exploit-kit-rings-in-2016-with-cryptowall-ransomware/

 

http://researchcenter.paloaltonetworks.com/2016/01/angler-exploit-kit-continues-to-evade-detection-over-90000-websites-compromised/

 

The above links should be sufficient to get you started in researching these issues.

 

If you suspect that your computer may have been compromised in this way or is suffering from any other infections then it would be wise for you to visit our Virus and Spyware removal forums, and post the required logs into a new topic there. An expert Malware fighter will then provide you with detailed step by step instructions on how you can deal with it.

 

Here's a link to the forum concerned.

https://forums.whatthetech.com/index.php?showtopic=106388

Regards

paws