Microsoft Toolkit is installed when an illegal copy of windows is installed, it bypasses the activation process. AutoKMS also helps bypass the activation process when windows is booted up. This may been done by the school system your wife works for, not sure, but until its resolved and legal copy of windows is installed I am afraid we are done here as we do not support illegal software except for there removal
The short version of the story is that I'm running a Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7, which was a paid upgrade from Windows XP in 2011. Although I had purchased a 64-bit computer, it came with a 32-bit version of Windows XP back around 2006 or so. I understand that Windows XP 64-bit was a rare beast, and not many OEMs put it on the machines they sold, even if they came with 64-bit processors.
But I've never been able to upgrade to Windows 7 64-bit from Windows XP 32-bit, because the Microsoft Upgrade Disk doesn't allow that.
The first time I installed Windows 7 (custom installation), it was okay, because I could explain all this to someone at Microsoft and they would patch me to the phone activation system and it would validate the installation. But I found out (the hard way) that Microsoft isn't allowing that anymore, I guess in an attempt to push everyone to Windows 10.
The irony is that even within Microsoft's permissive Windows 10 upgrade model, I would now be pigeonholed into using a 32-bit version of Windows 10 (install XP 32-bit, upgrade to Windows 7 32-bit, upgrade to Windows 10 32-bit) and would have to spend the better part of a week installing and reinstalling Windows after my hard disk failed. This really doesn't make a lot of sense.
Or, I could use Microsoft Toolkit, which (I thought) was retrieving a license key that was somehow stored on my BIOS from when I had upgraded to Windows 10 before the crash - the forum whose suggestion I took wasn't really clear on that.
At any rate, I understand there's little you can do about any of that, unless you know the right words to say to Microsoft Tech Support that will convince them that my upgrade path to Windows 10 is legit (other than offering them Microsoft Store transaction IDs, which thus far hasn't been persuasive).
I'll probably just have to end up purchasing yet another license.
If this system is 10 years old dating back to 2006 with XP, you may want to think about biting the bullet and getting a new one, like cars, vacuum cleaners and the like they dont last forever. You may be able to pick up a nice one at the Dell site under refurbished if cost is an issue. If you decide to keep this one going on line to places like eBay or Amazon you may be able to get an OEM version of windows 7 thats legal , back up all your stuff, format and reinstall the OS and then upgrade to 10
We ran a bunch of tools to remove those adds, they should be gone.
With Office and your Operating System being in the dark area, I am afraid this is as far as we can go. Its our policy. We dont provide support for illegal software.