Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Outlook cannot start

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 calebcrawford

calebcrawford

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 12:06 PM

hi,

shortly after upgrading from windows 8.1 to windows 10, Outlook 2013 stopped working. After the update everything was fine, but mid-morning it stopped working.

this error message:

"Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened. File access is denied. You do not have the permission required to access the file C:\Users\Caleb\Documents\Outlook Files\caleb@coggancrawford.com.pst."

i made no changes to outlook or any of the files. on perhaps a related note, a series of Windows updates failed to install, but ultimately did install successfully. A series of updates to Windows Defender have failed to install.

I tried replacing the suspect file indicated above with an earlier version, and the issue is still not resolved.

Edited by calebcrawford, 05 August 2015 - 01:02 PM.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 calebcrawford

calebcrawford

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 08:29 PM

I put this question up on the Microsoft Community, and I got an answer that worked. here's the thread

http://answers.micro...03-bac9433df887

I have my life back. On to the next panic.

#3 terry1966

terry1966

SuperMember

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 12:44 PM

i take it this was the solution :- http://www.msoutlook...e-access-denied

and thanks for taking the time out to provide us with the answer to your problem. :thumbup:

:popcorn: