Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93078 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Update Flash Player message in Wifi

wifi google D-Link

Best Answer endemail , 12 July 2015 - 01:22 PM

Adobe never sends out any pop up messages to upgrade.  So if anyone sees a pop up message asking for Adobe Flash upgrade its sure a Virus. it was indeed a virus in my router. So what I did was to do a reset in both my ADSL and Wireless router... Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 endemail

endemail

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 12:32 AM

I am getting an error "Udpate your Flash Player"  when trying to open any google site like google.com or youtube etc. I am using D-Link router Dir-600L. Is there any firmware update to fix this issue in the router? I have 1.14 as of now and the dlink site shows the same.

How bad is this virus? What kind of info is it taking out?

No replies to my emails to D-Link.

Appreciate any help to resolve this issue. Thank you

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 01:27 AM

Hi endemail, and welcome to WTT

:welcome:

So we can plan out a way forward for you please advise:

1 the make and model number of your computer

2 your operating system type and level of service pack and also if its is fully updated.

3 Have you kept your Flash Player, fully updated?

4 You mention virus... please tell us what symptoms you are experiencing that may indicate the presence of virus.

5 What indications do you have that your router may be responsible?

If you let us know the above it will help us formulate a plan of action

Regards

paws

The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate

#3 endemail

endemail

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 02:29 AM

Hi Paws,

Thank you for the update.

1. Am using a Dell Latitude E6410, a Windows Phone and a Samung Galaxy S2. Have issues on all these only when i am connected to the wifi at home. If I use the networks internet (Airtel) i face no issues. Can watch youtube. Same with the computer - in office I can watch youtube or log into google. Only when I am at home and connected to the Home wifi I get this message. Clicking on install or cancel makes no difference. It stays at the same page.

2. Win 7 OS for the Dell laptop, all updated to latest patches and security.

3. Yes Adoble flash is updated.

4. I read through some other posts here which does mention that this is a virus (Moon virus) that affects Home routers.

5. Same - read through other posts.

I have a ADSL2 D-Link router and a Dir-600L D-Link wireless router with firmware 1.14.

Thank you

Raj

#4 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 11:41 AM

Hi Raj

Ok, all understood, and thanks for the extra information, It may be necessary to refer you to our Virus and Spyware Removal form, however before doing so it would be wise as a preliminary step to take your existing routers out of service ( completely disconnect them from everything and then Use a a new or known servicable router of a different make, fit it, ensure that "Remote" Management" is disabled and see if this does the trick.....

please let us know how you get on.

the next step after that might be to reset your browsers, but I suggest you do not do this until you have your computer checked for malware

Here's the link you may need:

http://forums.whatth...howtopic=106388

be sure to post your logs in the correct forum ( not here as we dont analyse them here in this forum)

Regards

paws

The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate

#5 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 07 July 2015 - 04:38 PM

Why do you think you have a virus? Flash messages like that are normal if you don't have flash installed or it's back level.

What happens if you download and install the latest Adobe Flash? Make sure you uncheck the Optional offer for McAfee.

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown

#6 endemail

endemail

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 01:22 PM   Best Answer

Adobe never sends out any pop up messages to upgrade.  So if anyone sees a pop up message asking for Adobe Flash upgrade its sure a Virus.

it was indeed a virus in my router. So what I did was to do a reset in both my ADSL and Wireless routers (reset button behind these routers) and do a comple reconfiguration. After doing so, the error disappeared.

Now google works fine on my laptop as well as mobile phones, in my wifi at home.

Thank you all !

#7 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Posted 12 July 2015 - 07:20 PM

Adobe never sends out any pop up messages to upgrade.  So if anyone sees a pop up message asking for Adobe Flash upgrade its sure a Virus.

That's not true. Adobe Reader and Flash both prompt for updates. Just did this for Flash for IE and Firefox on my brothers computer today.

Rich

#8 endemail

endemail

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 12:27 AM

It does but not like the one I got:

Adobe's updates are automatically distributed via utilities such as Update Adobe Flash Player, which are run from the Adobe Flash Player Install Manager program that is installed when you install Flash or Reader

This is a good website that says the do's and dont do's:

http://www.cnet.com/...-is-legitimate/

#9 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 06:58 AM

That article was written in April of 2012 and may have been true then but is not now. The last two Adobe flash updates I did brought up the Save as dialog, where I saved the download (don't remember the file extension, sorry) then I opened the folder I saved to and ran the download to do the install. All completely legal, safe and above board.

Both cases brought me to here:

AdobeFlashUpdate.jpg

Uncheck McAfee and click Install now, that's it.

I think the key to being safe in this is to make sure the download is from adobe.com, nowhere else.

Rich