This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

reinstalling windows & format on windows disk

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi

Some of you will have read where I received a not-so-free HD Drive in that when I had to do a repair on my system, not only did I get a windows 7 repair, I also got a windows 8 repair, courtesy of the free HDD, which has caused havoc on my system everywhere.

 

I am now going to re-install windows 7, but my question is, is the format on the windows disk going to be enough to eradicate what's presently on my C drive, or it is going to fly through it to get to the next stage in installing windows, leaving goodness knows what behind in it's wake in it's hurry?

 

It's a 500GB drive and it took 4-5 hours formatting through computer management to format it.  I can't imagine it taking that long through the windows disk.

 

I would welcome any opinions and any options anyone might offer that I could try.

 

Thanks for reading and in advance for any help offered.

hedley

Thanks for the reply, Ztrucker. That has helped me out tremendously, thank you. Hope to get stuck in tomorrow.

Thanks again for the help, much appreciated, as always.
hedley

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI