This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Windows Reinstall help Please!

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Greetings!

 

Recently someone used my computer and ended up installing some adware/malware nonsense. Upsetting? YES! But I did what I usually do once in awhile and attempted to reinstall Windows 7. I succeeded. Sort of. I don't think I totally formatted the hard drive right. I got to a point where it told me all my old data will be saved in a windows.old folder. I don't want ANYTHING saved anymore. I want a totally fresh machine. My c: drive is even showing there's still stuff on there. I'm able to use everything normally again but I'm now noticing spikes in my CPU usage also and I feel like there's still some malicious stuff running in the background..

 

I'm hoping someone can walk me through completely reinstalling Windows and properly formatting. I have my systems disks so it shouldn't be that hard :)

 

Thank you so much for your time! :)

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI