This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Discussion

Probable network hack in India

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

I am from India and even though I am a concerned citizen when it comes to my online security, I'm not a security professional. So any help or insight into my situation will be much appreciated. 
 
I have been using a broadband connection of a reputed national ISP - Airtel. Recently, I have been experiencing sudden website redirects. I could be on Google or Apple and suddenly find myself redirected to: hxxp://mobilegames.candyoyo.com/fish-resort/?host=m.candyoyo.com&locale=en&p=m.candyoyo.com
 
This has been happening more often per day than it used to when it began. I did check the website and it does seem suspicious. This problem seems to be universal to all the devices connected to my wifi.
 
Is it possible that my modem/router in some way has been compromised or has the entire network of my ISP?
 
Thanks.
 
Edit by paws: URL obfuscated, for security reasons

Hi sha60 and welcome to the WTT forums,

:welcome:

Sorry to hear of the difficulties you are experiencing.

To protect other members the live link in your post has been de-activated.

 

If you are getting re-directed then your suspicions may well be correct and your machine and your network needs to be checked by a malware removal expert to see exactly what is going on…and if there is infection or undesirable code on your computer to give you assistance in removing it.

 

Please go here:

http://forums.whatthetech.com/index.php?showtopic=106388

read the instructions carefully and post the required logs over in the Virus and Spyware removal forum ( not in this topic here)

 

Although the services of expert malware fighters are mucg in demand you will receive a detailed response as quickly as possible.

 

Once you have been told that the logs appear "clean" you can post back here in this topic if you are still having issues with your system and we will do our best to help

Regards

paws