Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Deleting the 'unused' portion of an Excel worksheet

Unused spreadsheet

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 MerRob54

MerRob54

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 07:51 AM

I accidentally underlined a row, rather than a series of cells within a row.  Now my Excel spreadsheet thinks all those empty, but underlined cells to the right of my data are "used cells".  I can't figure out how far right the spreadsheet goes, so I can't GoTo the far right.  (1) How can I find the actual far right column in my spreadsheet, whether used or not? and (2) how can I delete these columns, where a row is underlined, but has no data in them?  MerRob54

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Tomk

Tomk

Beguilement Monitor

• Global Moderator
  • 20,451 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 09:13 AM

Perhaps I'm missing something... but I think you are saying that you put a bottom border in all the cells on a line.

Why don't you just remove the bottom border for the whole line, and then put it back on only the cells you want it?

Tomk
------------------------------------------------------------
Microsoft MVP 2010-2014