This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Deleting the 'unused' portion of an Excel worksheet

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I accidentally underlined a row, rather than a series of cells within a row.  Now my Excel spreadsheet thinks all those empty, but underlined cells to the right of my data are "used cells".  I can't figure out how far right the spreadsheet goes, so I can't GoTo the far right.  (1) How can I find the actual far right column in my spreadsheet, whether used or not? and (2) how can I delete these columns, where a row is underlined, but has no data in them?  MerRob54

 

 

Perhaps I'm missing something… but I think you are saying that you put a bottom border in all the cells on a line.

 

Why don't you just remove the bottom border for the whole line, and then put it back on only the cells you want it?

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI