This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Help! My MB is not detecting my SSD

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

This is a new computer I am building with all new parts (I will list them below). I am only setting this up with a SSD (A-Data Premier Pro SP600 256GB 2.5"), no HDD. When I turn on the computer and it prompts me to upload my OS ("Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key), I insert the CD yet it does not work. I have checked the UEFI settings to make sure that they are set to AHCI (which they are). When I have the SSD plugged in and hit F2, It shows "AHCI P1: ADATA SP600" as my Boot Option #1. I have changed the SATA cables, I have tried using a different plug in slot with the cables, I have checked my OS disc in another computer (works fine). I cannot figure out why my MB is not detecting my SSD at start up. Help!

 

Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor

Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK 68.5 CFM CPU Cooler

ASRock Z97 Extreme3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard

Team Elite Plus 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory

A-Data Premier Pro SP600 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

XFX Radeon R9 290 4GB Double Dissipation Video Card

I figured this one out, but if anyone has a similar issue: change your setting in the bios to boot from the ODD instead of the SSD… seems to have done the trick.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI