This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Discussion

Who is providing "security" for your system.

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

I've been a fan of Kaspersky for some time now.  I still miss their online scanner and believe they make one of the better products out there.  I don't use them because I'm a fan of free ;) .

 

Many of you may have already heard about this… but I just came upon it today.  I don't believe this really changes anything, but it sure is an interesting read:

 

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-03-19/cybersecurity-kaspersky-has-close-ties-to-russian-spies

 To me it seems bloomberg did poor research.

Unfortunately, I don't think this is an isolated incident… nor do I think that Bloomberg is the only "News" organization that has that propensity.

 

But it is still more interesting than keeping up with the Kardashians.

I've been a fan of Kaspersky for some time now.  I still miss their online scanner and believe they make one of the better products out there.  I don't use them because I'm a fan of free ;) .

 

Many of you may have already heard about this… but I just came upon it today.  I don't believe this really changes anything, but it sure is an interesting read:

 

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-03-19/cybersecurity-kaspersky-has-close-ties-to-russian-spies

 

Well, It's not liked I didn't suspect it :P Probably a ton of backdoors in their software as we speak, just waiting to be exploited.