This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Help to decide what RAM to purchase

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I am currently on 2gb and want to add another 2gb..  I am not sure what specifications I need to match up.

 

So far I can see that I require a DDR3  but what else do I need to match?

I have included some screen shots of my system. I can provide more detail if required.

 

 

Hi scudo, If you go here:

http://uk.crucial.com/gbr/en

and use their scanner, you will get a report on the exact spec of the RAM you need, and an estimate of the price.

You don't have to buy the RAM from Crucial but I have used them for years and they have never let me down ( they also guarantee the compatibility)

Regards

paws

Would someone please have a quick look at the graphs below to see if this is normal usage of CPU and memory.

Previous to this my CPU I am sure was lower but the memory was hitting 90% quite often and giving a slow boot.

I put in another 2gb of Ram and handed over the management of it to windows.

The memory usage now remains pretty constant but the CPU appears to peak quite often and can for a second or two hit the 80%.

 

Is this normal?

Some examples:

 

[external image: CPU1_zpsklfgdyv0.jpg]

 

[external image: CPU_zps96ylfnrv.jpg]

 

[external image: cpu2_zpsb1l5tzl6.jpg]

 

[external image: cpu3_zpsolbbix0j.jpg]

yes totally normal depending on what things you have running at the time, the cpu usage will always be fluctuating unless your doing something like stress testing then it will be pegged at 100% usage, the memory should always be fully used that's what it's there for, the time memory is a concern is when it is fully used and yet the hard drive page file is also heavily used that usually means you don't have enough memory installed or you have malware causing problems.

 

your machine looks perfectly normal to me with nothing to worry about.

 

:popcorn:

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI