This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Galaxxy S5

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

This android is new to me to a degree.

Does it have a registry like the pc?

I want to clean it so I reduce the cache and clear the browser now an then,.

 

There are so many cleanere our there like CM and 360 but I do not use cleaners on my pc and woud not do so on the phone. I would prefert to accumulate afew orphns than drop a valid file.

 

How do you maintain your phone?

I don't have an Android phone so I probably don't have a lot of advice specific to you… but:

 

  • Androids (or any Linux system) don't have a registry.
  • The best way to maintain your system (this includes pc's) is don't install things you don't need.

 

I suspect that neither of those answers are exactly what you were looking for, but it's the best I can do.  I'm not a great example of "maintaining" a system, pc or phone, as I rarely clear the cache or clean out temps.  I have never "refreshed" a system by reinstalling the operating system.  I simply use my computer, of any type, for what I need to use it for and don't spend much time worrying about it. :)   Of course I practice safe computing by not clicking on things, or installing things I don't know what are.

You sound like a golfer  :clap:Plenty of up time!

I am going to continue to be conservative and thank you.

BTW, Explorer is doing its negative interface or whatever. I  noticed that when I type it is automatically underlined.

I should remember you use Chrome.

I have noticed that two wireless programs to transfer to and from pc and phone said I am running KitKat 4.

I bought the phone with it and that was the restriction placed upon the SD card for one thing. I now have the Lollipop 5.0 and am puzzled why  these programs say I have the former version.

I know I cannot move apps that came with the phone but cannot move a couple of others either. I can move three to the card and with a work around can write docs to the card but even that program said I have KitKat 4.

Also, I read version 5.0 on my phone and it says I am up to date with ver 5.0.

Why is there a discrepancy or such an analysis of my phones version by these programs and the reluctance to write to the card considering Lollipop is installed?

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI