This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

proinstaller 1699

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello

I was looking my Windows 8.1 firewall over to be sure abut ports and noticed 3 entries entitled proinstaller 1699. I could not remove them even if I wanted to. I removed it from the outside check box and checked it within my secure network for what that is worth but can do no more with it.

 

I tried o find out about that entry but cannot seem to get any information. The last program I downloaded was a converter from  PNG to Jpg. The name escapes me but see the attachment.

 

Would you think that is why I have the 3 entries.

I have scanned with MBAM and Defender and it seems clean.

 

I did have some corruption after that download and had to run sfc then DISM  health to fix the files; MBAM picked up 6 PUMS also.

It did the conversion I needed but no longer need it for now.

Should I boot the program out to see if it the reason for the 3 entries or??

 

Thank you

 

PS I reset the firewall to default and the entry is gone there. Whether or not I should keep the program is something I am still not sure about and would appreciate an opinion. 

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI