my name is Marius and I will assist you with your malware related problems.
Before we move on, please read the following points carefully.
- First, read my instructions completely. If there is anything that you do not understand kindly ask before proceeding.
- Perform everything in the correct order. Sometimes one step requires the previous one.
- If you have any problems while following my instructions, Stop there and tell me the exact nature of your problem.
- Do not run any other scans without instruction or add/remove software unless I tell you to do so. This would change the output of our tools and could be confusing for me.
- Post all logfiles as a reply rather than as an attachment unless I specifically ask you. If you can not post all logfiles in one reply, feel free to use more posts.
- If I don't hear from you within 3 days from this initial or any subsequent post, then this thread will be closed.
- Stay with me. I will give you some advice about prevention after the cleanup process. Absence of symptoms does not always mean the computer is clean.
- My first language is not english. So please do not use slang or idioms. It could be hard for me to read. Thanks for your understanding.
- Important: To help me reviewing your logs, please post them in code boxes. You can create them by clicking on the <>-symbol on top of the reply window.
We need to remove some programs with Revo Uninstaller Free:
Note: Revo Uninstaller is more thorough in deleting programs on your computer than using the Add/Remove option in Windows. Since it is a more powerful tool, please be sure to follow the instructions carefully.
Note: If the program you want to uninstall is not listed by Revo, let me know and we will try an altenate method of removal.
- Please download and install Revo Uninstaller Free
note: there is no need to click anything on that page, the download will start automatically
- Double click Revo Uninstaller to run it
- From the list of programs double click on the listed program(s), or anything similar, to remove it:
- When prompted if you want to uninstall click Yes
- Be sure the Moderate option is selected then click Next
- The program will run, If prompted again click Yes
- When the built-in uninstaller is finished click on Next
- Once the program has searched for leftovers click Next
- Check the items in bold only on the list then click Delete
note: you may have to expand some folders by clicking the "+" mark
- When prompted click on Yes and then on Next
- Put a check on any folders that are found and select Delete
- When prompted select Yes then Next
- Once done click Finish
Fix with FRST (normal mode)
WARNING: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on that particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating system
- Download the attached fixlist.txt and save it to the location where FRST is saved to.
- Run FRST.exe (on 64bit, run FRST64.exe) and press the Fix button just once and wait.
- The tool will make a log (Fixlog.txt) which you find where you saved FRST. Please post it to your reply.
Full System Scan with Malwarebytes Antimalware
- If not existing, please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to your desktop.
- Double-click the downloaded setup file and follow the prompts to install the program.
- At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to the following:
- Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
- A 14 day trial of the Premium features is pre-selected. You may deselect this if you wish, and it will not diminish the scanning and removal capabilities of the program.
- Click Finish.
If the program is already installed:
- Run Malwarebytes Antimalware
- On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' link
- After the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
- Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.
- If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
- A Threat Scan will begin.
- When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.
- In most cases, a restart will be required.
- Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.
- After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.
- Click on the History tab > Application Logs.
- Double click on the scan log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.
- Click 'Copy to Clipboard'
- Paste the contents of the clipboard into your reply.