So far, the only problem I notice is if I'm doing too much for too long, fan comes on and it gets super slow. I just use it as an excuse for a break and shut it down for awhile. I should elevate it or get a cooling pad. I am assuming this is a problem with the machine itself and not due to any infections. Correct me if I'm wrong. I don't recall it doing it before all this happened, though, although that may be coincidence.
At that time can you bring up task manager and see if one of the exe programs is using a high level of CPU? Might not be nothing but this I would check. antivirus can be a culprit here….
As far as I can see right now your malware free.
I have to use a cooling pad for my personal laptop. I don't like to but I think it's mostly related to age and what I put the computer through when using a high level of graphics.
Please download DelFix and save the file to your Desktop.
Double-click DelFix.exe to run the programme.
Place a checkmark next to the following items:
Activate UAC
Remove disinfection tools
Create registry backup
Reset system settings
Click the Run button.
– This will remove the specialised tools we used to disinfect your system. Any leftover logs, files, folders or tools remaining on your Desktop which were not removed can be deleted manually (right-click the file + delete).
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Answers to common security questions - Best Practices by quietman7, MVP
How Malware Spreads - How did I get infected?by quietman7, MVP
Simple and easy ways to keep your computer safe and secure on the Internet by Lawrence Abrams, MVP
How to Prevent Malware by miekiemoes, MVP
How to backup and restore your data using Cobian Backup by YourHighness
Slow Computer/browser? It May Not Be Malwareby quietman7, MVP
The following programmes come highly recommended in the security community.
[external image: xKsUqI5A.png.pagespeed.ic.vn1Hlvqi8h.jpg]AdBlock is a browser add-on that blocks annoying banners, pop-ups and video ads.
[external image: E8I37RF.png]CryptoPrevent places policy restrictions on loading points for ransomware (eg.CryptoPrevent), preventing your files from being encrypted.
[external image: EG85Vjt.png]Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit (MBAE) is designed to prevent zero-day malware from exploiting vulnerable software.
[external image: x6YRrgUC.png.pagespeed.ic.HjgFxjvw2Z.jpg]Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium (MBAM) works in real-time along side your Anti-Virus to prevent malware execution.
[external image: xjv4nhMJ.png.pagespeed.ic.A5YbWn1eDO.png]NoScript is a Firefox add-on that blocks the actions of malicious scripts by using whitelisting and other technology.
[external image: 3O8r9Uq.png] Sandboxie isolates programmes of your choice, preventing files from being written to your HDD unless approved by you.
[external image: DgW1XL2.png.pagespeed.ce.v1OlJl_ZAS.png]Secuina PSI will scan your computer for vulnerable softwarethat is outdated, and automatically find the latest update for you.
[external image: xj1OLIec.png.pagespeed.ic.k6hhwopU0q.jpg]SpywareBlaster is a form of passive protection, designed to block the actions of malicious websites and tracking cookies.
[external image: xJEP5iWI.png.pagespeed.ic.4tmM1lM7DQ.png]Web of Trust (WOT) is a browser add-on designed to alert you before interacting with a potentially malicious website.