This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Cryptolocker Virus

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Good morning all,

 

A quick precis, I'm in Sydney Australia, I opened my e-mails this morning and there was an e-mail from the NSW State Debt Recovery Office, our bureaucracy that handles traffic fines, etc. The email notified me of a fine, with pictures attached. I clicked on it, and should have twigged that a zip file with an executable was dodgy, but it is Monday morning.

 

Anyway, I've been hit by Cryptolocker. All the files on my C drive are affected, as is my attached storage device, but luckily it looks like my wifes MAc, which is on a wireless network is unaffected.

 

My PC is my day to day worktool, which I desperately need. I ran the 2 scans you guys recommended, and I've attached the files, as well as a screendshot of the Cryptolocker threat.

 

If anyone could please help ASAP it'll be greatly appreciated. I do have a fair bit of IT knowledge, so maybe that'll help with follwoing your instructions.

 

Cheers, in advance

 

Allan📎FRST.txt📎Addition.txt📎Cryptolocker screenshot.png

Cryptolocker Ransomeware

[external image: IDToolbyNathan.png]IDTool
  • Please download IDTool and save the file to your Desktop.
  • Right-Click idtool.zip and click Extract All. Select your Desktop and click Extract.
  • Right-Click IDTool.exe and click [external image: AVOiBNU.jpg] Run as administrator to run the programme.
  • If you're prompted to download and install Micorsoft .NET Framework, please agree.
  • Allow the programme to collect the necessary data.
  • Once the main console is loaded, click Rescan Computer and Generate a New Report.
  • Upon completion, and when prompted that the rescan is complete, click Generate Text Friendly Report for Forums.
  • Copy the contents of the report and paste in your next reply.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI