MacBook battery problem
2 min read
Hi, I have moved your topic into this forum as there is a greater chance of our members who use Apple Mac computers seeing it.
On a Windows machine if a replacement battery was not working as good as the older one then I would be getting in touch with the vendor of the replacement battery and asking them to replace it with one that works correctly….. Have you tried this?
Regards
paws
I concur, regardless of what a system is, if a replacement battery is not as good as it should be, then there are a few things that come into play, there's the obvious it's a faulty battery, or you bought a lower rated battery than you should have, the more vague "possibility" it's a hardware issue draining the power somewhere (but rare if it is IMO), or the more likely one when people ask about such an issue, and that is you bought an aftermarket battery to save money, which is very understandable, no point paying for a name if it's no better than alternate options.
So I suggest removing the battery, and make sure it is the same rating as the other one you replaced, this will instantly show if you bought something less powerful, and explain why it is doing this.
BUT, if this is an aftermarket battery I would send it back as faulty, many never have a problem using any old aftermarket power solution, sometimes it is something that is just as capable as the original, other times they are just lucky to have got a working one, because until you experience just what a bad battery and\or charger can do, you wouldn't appreciate just how much care you need to take.
Battery's and chargers can catch fire, and even explode when they go bad, so you can literally be taking your life in your hand sometimes when dealing with power, so my rule of thumb is buy genuine power when in doubt, it's one of the few times I would buy genuine parts, because the old adage of you get what you pay for can really mean what it says at such times.
There is one further possible related to aftermarket items when it comes to anything Apple, and that's they make their stuff in a way that it can tell when you use non genuine parts, and at such times it could be restricting it's ability, I only know about this as I have just bought my daughter a lead for her iPhone, and have a mate who went the cheap route, and his cable wouldn't do certain things (can't recall specifics), but he got an error on screen saying about this, and as he was using it to charge the phone I told him bin it, because being power related it too has the risk of catching fire, so hope this helps see what may be going on.
Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI