Hi nelsonite ,
You're quite welcome! ![]()
1. If Escan Anti Virus has a firewall built into it, then by all means use that one. But remember, only one Anti-Virus and one Firewall should be installed and running at any one time. Having more than one of each may actually make your system more vulnerable. Just for reference, I use Comodo (free version) listed in my last post. But obviously, the choice is your on how you protect your computer.
2. I personally don't use a password manager so I can't really speak to there effectiveness. You could always use a Password Generator to create secure passwords. But it would still be up to you to remember the password. It's always wise to write down your passwords and keep them in a safe place for reference should the need arise.
3. As for the Hosts file, you might see if you can locate a local computer club or a neighbor that might be able to help with this step.
Did you have any other questions or concerns?
OCD