Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 92790 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Avira Antivirus crash [Closed]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 vutaikt

vutaikt

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 03:45 AM

Hello:
I would appreciate if someone could take a look at my HJT log and tell me if there is a virus on my machine. I have tried to run Avira Antivir and it started scanning then stalled at 15% for the rest of the day. I experienced a similar thing with another computer in the past, and it turned out to be a virus. I don't want the same thing to happen with this computer.

Thanks for any help:

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 fbfbfb

fbfbfb

SuperMember

• Malware Team
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 11:03 AM

Hello and welcome, vutaikt.

My name is fbfbfb.  I will gladly assist you with your concerns.

While working to resolve the issues with your machine, please follow these guidelines:

• Please be patient.  Logs are lengthy and can take time to analyze.
  • Read and follow my directions carefully, in the sequence they are posted.
  • If you are unsure about anything, please ask for clarification before continuing.
  • Use only those tools that you have been directed to use.
  • Do not install or uninstall any applications or run any other scans without being directed to do so.
  • Copy and Paste the log files inside your post. Do not send them as attachments unless otherwise instructed.
  • Stay with me until your machine has been deemed all clear.
  • Please reply within 3 days of each posting to avoid closing this topic.  If you need more time to complete tasks, or if you will be away, please let me know in advance.

Your HJT log is not enclosed, but we no longer use that.  I will need you to run different tools that will take a much look at your system.

Please run the following scans

1.  Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST)

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool from HERE, and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to the disclaimer.
  • Press Scan.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.

2.  aswMBR

Please download aswMBR from HERE.

• Double click aswMBR.exe to run it.
  • When asked if you want to download Avast's virus definitions, please select Yes.
  • Click the Scan button to start the scan.

2pn88.png

• On completion of the scan, click save log, save it to your desktop, and post in your next reply.

7Khfh.png

Security Check

• Download Security Check from HERE.
  • Save it to your desktop.
  • Double-click SecurityCheck.exe > Follow the onscreen instructions inside the black box.
  • In the event you get the message Unsupported operating system. Aborting now., reboot and try again.
  • A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt.  This may take a few minutes.  Please copy and paste the contents of that document into your next reply.

CHECKLIST : In your next reply, please post the following:

• FRST.txt
  • Addition.txt
  • aswMBR log
  • checkup.txt

#3 fbfbfb

fbfbfb

SuperMember

• Malware Team
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 11:30 AM

Hello, vutaikt.

I have not heard back from you.  Do you still need help.?  If so, please reply within the next 24 hours to avoid closing this topic.

Thank you.

#4 fbfbfb

fbfbfb

SuperMember

• Malware Team
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 09:12 PM

Due to inactivity this topic will be closed.
If you need help please start a new thread.

New members follow the instructions here http://forums.whatth...ed_t106388.html and start a new topic