Hey guys,
I just recently tried requesting help from the technicians at a recent malware removing forum geared toward disinfecting infected computers, and they didn't even give me the time or the day. I pretty much wasted two weeks waiting for them to reply to my HijackThis log, and because of their negligence, I had to continue to reformat my operating system and erase my hard drive, as unfortunate as it was. I should've came to you guys in the first place, but I honestly didn't know where to turn for help. I wanna make sure my computer stays in pristine condition, and as I'm fearing, I think it's infected again, in spite of trying to avoid anything that would pose a threat to my computer. After my most recent defragmentation, which was today, the computer seems to be going slower than it was before, and this is with the disk cleanup included. I was wondering if you guys could possibly find out a solution for me. I'm sick of reformatting my computer and reinstalling everything. Here's a HijackThis log that is up to date, and to answer your question, I don't have an anti-virus system because I wanted to get advice on a recommended one from you guys.
Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 1:00:48 AM, on 2/12/2009
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP3 (6.00.2900.5512)
Boot mode: Normal
Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\WLTRYSVC.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\bcmwltry.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\WLTRAY.exe
C:\Program Files\SigmaTel\C-Major Audio\WDM\stsystra.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe
O2 - BHO: Java™ Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - {E7E6F031-17CE-4C07-BC86-EABFE594F69C} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\deploy\jqs\ie\jqs_plugin.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Broadcom Wireless Manager UI] C:\WINDOWS\system32\WLTRAY.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SigmatelSysTrayApp] %ProgramFiles%\SigmaTel\C-Major Audio\WDM\stsystra.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPEnh] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Ad-Watch] C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\AAWTray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SpybotSnD] "C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SpybotSD.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpybotSD TeaTimer] C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-21-1645522239-823518204-682003330-500\..\Run: [SpybotSD TeaTimer] C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe (User 'Administrator')
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: Java Quick Starter (JavaQuickStarterService) - Sun Microsystems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
O23 - Service: Lavasoft Ad-Aware Service - Lavasoft - C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\AAWService.exe
O23 - Service: Dell Wireless WLAN Tray Service (wltrysvc) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\System32\WLTRYSVC.EXE
–
End of file - 2866 bytes
If you need any more information, please get back to me asap. I'm just sick of people not even attempting to respond.
Sincerely,
eharri2
Hi eharri2 and welcome back to the forums here at WTT.
First, you have to understand these forums are all run by volunteers, we're not paid. We do this for many reasons and I don't want to speak for others but for me it's the challenge and the chance to help other users and take out the "bad guys".
There are probably thousands of posts in these forums every day and a good percentage of them never get responses. There are simply more people that need help than there are qualified helpers.
Now, for your PC, I'm not seeing anything malicious. We'll do another scan and get a closer look, but poor performance is not always Malware related.
Post the contents of the DDS.txt report in your next reply
Attach the Attach.txt report to your post by scrolling down to the Attachments area and then clicking Browse. Browse to where you saved the file, and click Open and then click UPLOAD.
Hey Indigenus,
Once again, thanks for assisting me on this ever worsening problem. After I posted my HijackThis log last night, I began experiencing worse and worse problems with my drivers to the point where now I can't even access the Internet with my computer. At the moment, I'm actually on my brother's computer. I tried reinstalling my WLAN Card drivers, and that didn't do a thing. I also tried scanning with Avast and Malwarebytes, and once again, nothing. Anyways, I downloaded the DDS application onto a USB Flash Drive and transferred that application to my own computer, ran it, and came up with these logs:
I'm pretty worried about the integrity of my computer at this point. I just recently formatted my computer within the last week, and it's already experiencing problems. It seems as though someone was just conveniantly waiting for my IP Address to get back on the Internet. Anyways, hope these logs can be of help, and thanks again.
Sincerely,
eharri2
Sorry to hear of your troubles, but I'm "doubting" it's Malware at this point. Nothing to indicate that in the dds logs. Possible hardware issues with the network card here.
The Winsockfix Utility will:
· Detect your current Operating System
· Release the IP address, taking you "Offline"
· Reset the TCP stack using Netsh.exe (Windows XP only)
· Delete the current Registry TCP and Winsock Values
· Import new "Working" Registry Values
· Backup any Current "Hosts" file
· Replace the "Hosts" file with a default one
· Reboot the Computer
If you can get that working, or even if not, run this scanner.
Download Dr.Web CureIt to the desktop:
ftp://ftp.drweb.com/pub/drweb/cureit/drweb-cureit.exe
Doubleclick the drweb-cureit.exe file and Allow to run the express scan
This will scan the files currently running in memory and when something is found, click the yes button when it asks you if you want to cure it. This is only a short scan.
Once the short scan has finished, mark the drives that you want to scan.
Select all drives. A red dot shows which drives have been chosen.
Click the green arrow at the right, and the scan will start.
Click 'Yes to all' if it asks if you want to cure/move the file.
When the scan has finished, in the menu, click file and choose save report list
Save the report to your desktop. The report will be called DrWeb.csv
Hey Indigenus,
I'm gonna transfer everything to the flash drive and follow your instructions, so hopefully I'll be online on my computer after :).
Be back soon. Thanks again for the advice. Throughout my encounters with people from Best Buy, Circuit City, and other computer stores, I've never come across the kind of knowledgeable professionals that work with this website, and I really do appreciate the work you guys do here..
Sincerely,
eharri2
Hey IndiGenus,
I'm still sitting around while WebCureIt scans my computer, and while I was waiting it picked up a Trojan.StartPage virus in one of my System Restores. I was wondering what exactly Trojan viruses are, and what exactly they do to the programs and applications. I understand that you guys are busy, and if typing out an explanation isn't in your best interest in relation to how much time you guys have to help out people on a daily basis, I will understand. Anyways, I'll try and get those scan reports to you as soon as possible.
Sincerely,
eharri2
I'm more concerned here that there is something more serious such as virut, which we've been seeing quite a bit of lately. It typically does serious system damage and will require a reformat.
Hey IndiGenus,
I'm just as worried as you are. I don't know if you're familiar with the Denial of Service (DOS) attack that occured in 2000 on grc.com that involved "zombie computers" that were hacked into by a 13 year old boy that sent out millions of malicious packets to the router that handled that website and consequently shut it down. That's just scary that someone as young as that can do that; moreover, it's scary that someone in general can and willingly does that. In a report I read (I don't know if I'm allowed to post the link to the report, so I won't), it says:
" While I was conducting research into the hacker world following these DoS attacks, I encountered evidence — in attack-tool source code — that malicious hackers are already fully aware of the massive malicious power of the new versions of Windows and are waiting impatiently for the "home version" of Windows XP to arrive in the homes of millions of less clueful end users."
I'm just afraid my computer will never fully be protected even if I reformat my computer and subsequently reinstall drivers and security software. Anyways, I'm still waiting on that scan to complete and will further post additional logs after such. Hope to hear from you soon.
Sincerely,
eharri2
Hey IndiGenus,
Here's the log for DrWebCureIt:
Master Boot Record HDD1 - OK
Active OS/2 or WinNT Boot Sector HDD1 - OK
[Scan path] C:\
C:\AUTOEXEC.BAT - OK
C:\boot.ini - OK
C:\CONFIG.SYS - OK
C:\hpfr3740.log - OK
C:\IO.SYS - OK
C:\MSDOS.SYS - OK
C:\newfile.enc - OK
C:\newkey - OK
C:\NTDETECT.COM - OK
C:\ntldr - OK
C:\DELL\DELLBUTN.HTM - OK
C:\DELL\DELLSUPPORT.ICO - OK
C:\DELL\E-WTRMRK.GIF - OK
C:\DELL\SOL_CENT.JPG - OK
C:\DELL\USBS3KB.REG - OK
C:\DELL\UWAKEOFF.EXE - OK
C:\DELL\UWAKEON.EXE - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\autorun.inf - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\CSVer.dll - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\InfoDlg.txt - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\Install.cfg - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\Instngin.dll - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\readme.txt - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\Setup.exe - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\UpDrv64.exe - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\Version.txt - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\Lang\ARA\CHIPARA.dll - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\Lang\ARA\license.txt - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\Lang\CHS\CHIPCHS.dll - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\Lang\CHS\license.txt - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\Lang\CHT\CHIPCHT.dll - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\Lang\CHT\license.txt - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\Lang\CSY\CHIPCSY.dll - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\Lang\CSY\license.txt - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\Lang\DAN\CHIPDAN.dll - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\Lang\DAN\license.txt - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\Lang\DEU\CHIPDEU.dll - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\Lang\DEU\license.txt - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\Lang\ELL\CHIPELL.dll - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\Lang\ELL\license.txt - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\Lang\ENU\CHIPENU.dll - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\Lang\ENU\license.txt - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\Lang\ESN\CHIPESN.dll - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\Lang\ESN\license.txt - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\Lang\FIN\CHIPFIN.dll - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\Lang\FIN\license.txt - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\Lang\FRA\CHIPFRA.dll - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\Lang\FRA\license.txt - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\Lang\HEB\CHIPHEB.dll - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\Lang\HEB\license.txt - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\Lang\HUN\CHIPHUN.dll - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\Lang\HUN\license.txt - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\Lang\ITA\CHIPITA.dll - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\Lang\ITA\license.txt - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\Lang\JPN\CHIPJPN.dll - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\Lang\JPN\license.txt - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\Lang\KOR\CHIPKOR.dll - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\Lang\KOR\license.txt - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\Lang\NLD\CHIPNLD.dll - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\Lang\NLD\license.txt - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\Lang\NOR\CHIPNOR.dll - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\Lang\NOR\license.txt - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\Lang\PLK\CHIPPLK.dll - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\Lang\PLK\license.txt - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\Lang\PTB\CHIPPTB.dll - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\Lang\PTB\license.txt - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\Lang\PTG\CHIPPTG.dll - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\Lang\PTG\license.txt - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\Lang\RUS\CHIPRUS.dll - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\Lang\RUS\license.txt - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\Lang\SVE\CHIPSVE.dll - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\Lang\SVE\license.txt - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\Lang\THA\CHIPTHA.dll - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\Lang\THA\license.txt - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\Lang\TRK\CHIPTRK.dll - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\Lang\TRK\license.txt - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\win2000\852.cat - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\win2000\852.inf - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\win2000\855.cat - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\win2000\855.inf - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\win2000\865.cat - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\win2000\865.inf - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\win2000\915.cat - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\win2000\915.inf - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\win2000\915M.cat - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\win2000\915M.inf - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\win2000\945.cat - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\win2000\945.inf - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\win2000\945gm.cat - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\win2000\945GM.inf - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\win2000\dmi_pci.cat - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\win2000\dmi_pci.inf - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\win2000\E7220.cat - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\win2000\E7220.inf - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\win2000\e7230.cat - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\win2000\E7230.inf - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\win2000\E7520.cat - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\win2000\E7520.inf - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\win2000\E8500.cat - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\win2000\E8500.inf - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\win2000\ich4core.cat - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\win2000\ich4core.inf - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\win2000\ich4ide.cat - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\win2000\ich4ide.inf - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\win2000\ich4usb.cat - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\win2000\ich4usb.inf - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\win2000\ich5core.cat - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\win2000\ich5core.inf - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\win2000\ich5ide.cat - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\win2000\ich5ide.inf - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\win2000\ich5usb.cat - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\win2000\ich5usb.inf - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\win2000\ich6core.cat - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\win2000\ich6core.inf - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\win2000\ich6ide.cat - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\win2000\ich6ide.inf - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\win2000\ich6usb.cat - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\win2000\ich6usb.inf - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\win2000\ich7core.cat - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\win2000\ich7core.inf - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\win2000\ich7ide.cat - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\win2000\ich7ide.inf - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\win2000\ich7usb.cat - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\win2000\ich7usb.inf - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\win2000\ichxdev.cat - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\win2000\ichXdev.inf - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\win2000\infanswr.txt - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\win2000\SP\ich4id2.cat - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\win2000\SP\ich4id2.inf - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\win2000\SP\ich5id2.cat - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\win2000\SP\ich5id2.inf - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\win2000\SP\ich6id2.cat - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\win2000\SP\ich6id2.inf - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\win2000\SP\ich7id2.cat - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\win2000\SP\ich7id2.inf - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\win2003\865.cat - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\win2003\865.inf - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\win2003\915.cat - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\win2003\915.inf - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\win2003\915M.cat - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\win2003\915M.inf - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\win2003\945.cat - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\win2003\945.inf - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\win2003\945gm.cat - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\win2003\945GM.inf - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\win2003\dmi_pci.cat - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\win2003\dmi_pci.inf - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\win2003\E7220.cat - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\win2003\E7220.inf - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\win2003\e7230.cat - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\win2003\E7230.inf - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\win2003\E7520.cat - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\win2003\E7520.inf - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\win2003\E8500.cat - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\win2003\E8500.inf - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\win2003\ich5core.cat - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\win2003\ich5core.inf - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\win2003\ich5ide.cat - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\win2003\ich5ide.inf - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\win2003\ich5usb.cat - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\win2003\ich5usb.inf - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\win2003\ich6core.cat - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\win2003\ich6core.inf - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\win2003\ich6ide.cat - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\win2003\ich6ide.inf - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\win2003\ich6usb.cat - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\win2003\ich6usb.inf - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\win2003\ich7core.cat - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\win2003\ich7core.inf - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\win2003\ich7ide.cat - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\win2003\ich7ide.inf - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\win2003\ich7usb.cat - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\win2003\ich7usb.inf - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\win2003\ichxdev.cat - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\win2003\ichXdev.inf - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\win2003\infanswr.txt - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\win2003\SP\ich5id2.cat - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\win2003\SP\ich5id2.inf - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\win2003\SP\ich6id2.cat - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\win2003\SP\ich6id2.inf - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\win2003\SP\ich7id2.cat - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\win2003\SP\ich7id2.inf - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\XP\852.cat - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\XP\852.inf - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\XP\855.cat - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\XP\855.inf - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\XP\865.cat - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\XP\865.inf - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\XP\915.cat - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\XP\915.inf - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\XP\915M.cat - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\XP\915M.inf - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\XP\945.cat - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\XP\945.inf - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\XP\945gm.cat - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\XP\945GM.inf - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\XP\dmi_pci.cat - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\XP\dmi_pci.inf - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\XP\E7220.cat - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\XP\E7220.inf - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\XP\e7230.cat - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\XP\E7230.inf - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\XP\E7520.cat - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\XP\E7520.inf - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\XP\E8500.cat - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\XP\E8500.inf - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\XP\ich4core.cat - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\XP\ich4core.inf - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\XP\ich4ide.cat - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\XP\ich4ide.inf - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\XP\ich4usb.cat - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\XP\ich4usb.inf - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\XP\ich5core.cat - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\XP\ich5core.inf - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\XP\ich5ide.cat - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\XP\ich5ide.inf - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\XP\ich5usb.cat - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\XP\ich5usb.inf - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\XP\ich6core.cat - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\XP\ich6core.inf - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\XP\ich6ide.cat - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\XP\ich6ide.inf - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\XP\ich6usb.cat - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\XP\ich6usb.inf - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\XP\ich7core.cat - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\XP\ich7core.inf - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\XP\ich7ide.cat - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\XP\ich7ide.inf - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\XP\ich7usb.cat - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\XP\ich7usb.inf - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\XP\ichxdev.cat - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\XP\ichXdev.inf - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\XP\INFAnswr.txt - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\XP\SP\ich4id2.cat - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\XP\SP\ich4ide.cat - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\XP\SP\ich5id2.cat - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\XP\SP\ich5id2.inf - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\XP\SP\ich6id2.cat - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\XP\SP\ich6id2.inf - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\XP\SP\ich7id2.cat - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114079\XP\SP\ich7id2.inf - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114200\del1028.cty - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114200\del1028p.cat - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114200\del1028p.inf - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114200\disk1 - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114200\HSXHWAZL.sys - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114200\HSX_CNXT.sys - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114200\HSX_DPV.sys - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114200\HXFSetup.exe - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114200\kb888111.exe - archive CAB
>C:\DELL\drivers\R114200\kb888111.exe/empty.cat - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R114200\kb888111.exe/sprecovr.exe - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R114200\kb888111.exe/spuninst.exe - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R114200\kb888111.exe/spupdsvc.exe - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R114200\kb888111.exe/commonfiles\hdaprop.dll - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R114200\kb888111.exe/commonfiles\hdaudres.dll - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R114200\kb888111.exe/commonfiles\hdashcut.exe - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R114200\kb888111.exe/commonfiles\hdaudbus.inf - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R114200\kb888111.exe/commonfiles\hdaudio.inf - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R114200\kb888111.exe/commonfiles\hdaudbus.sys - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R114200\kb888111.exe/commonfiles\hdaudio.sys - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R114200\kb888111.exe/update\kb888111wxpsp2.cat - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R114200\kb888111.exe/update\spcustom.dll - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R114200\kb888111.exe/update\spmsg.dll - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R114200\kb888111.exe/update\updspapi.dll packed by BINARYRES
>>C:\DELL\drivers\R114200\kb888111.exe/update\updspapi.dll packed by MS COMPRESS
>>>C:\DELL\drivers\R114200\kb888111.exe/update\updspapi.dll - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R114200\kb888111.exe/update\update.exe - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R114200\kb888111.exe/update\update.inf - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R114200\kb888111.exe/update\kb888111wxpsp2.log - archive MAIL
>C:\DELL\drivers\R114200\kb888111.exe/update\eula.txt - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R114200\kb888111.exe/update\update.ver - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R114200\kb888111.exe/winxpsp2\portcls.sys - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114200\MdmXSdk.dll - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114200\MDMXSDK.sys - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114200\readme.txt - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114200\Setup.exe - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114200\UCI32103.dll - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114200\UIUDLL.dll - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114200\UIUSYS.sys - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114200\Version.txt - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114250\1028.mst - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114250\1031.mst - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114250\1033.mst - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114250\1034.mst - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114250\1036.mst - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114250\1040.mst - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114250\1041.mst - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114250\1042.mst - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114250\1046.mst - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114250\1054.mst - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114250\2052.mst - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114250\BDrvInst44.msi - archive OLE
>C:\DELL\drivers\R114250\BDrvInst44.msi/stream000 - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R114250\BDrvInst44.msi/stream001 - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R114250\BDrvInst44.msi/stream002 - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R114250\BDrvInst44.msi/stream003 - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R114250\BDrvInst44.msi/stream004 - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114250\BDrvInst44.msi - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114250\setup.exe - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114250\Silent.txt - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114250\Version.txt - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114250\DOS\Diags\440xudiag.txt - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114250\DOS\Diags\B44UDIAG.EXE - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114250\DOS\NDIS2\B44.dos - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114250\DOS\NDIS2\PROTOCOL.INI - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114250\DOS\NDIS2\readme.txt - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114250\DOS\ODI\b44.com - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114250\DOS\ODI\NET.CFG - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114250\DOS\ODI\readme.txt - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114250\Win2K\b44win.cat - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114250\Win2K\b44win.inf - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114250\Win2K\bcm4sbe5.sys - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114250\WinXP\b44win.cat - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114250\WinXP\b44win.inf - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R114250\WinXP\bcm4sbxp.sys - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\ATL71.DLL - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcm1xsup.dll - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\BCMLogon.dll - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlcpl.cpl - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm - archive CHM
>C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm/#IDXHDR - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm/#ITBITS - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm/#IVB - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm/#STRINGS - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm/#SYSTEM - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm/#TOPICS - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm/#URLSTR - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm/#URLTBL - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm/$FIftiMain - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm/$OBJINST - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm/$WWAssociativeLinks/Property - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm/$WWKeywordLinks/Property - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm/advsmon.gif - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm/advutil.htm - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm/ahavail.gif - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm/ahcon.gif - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm/ahconrdy.gif - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm/alert.gif - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm/bcmwl.css - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm/bcmwltoc.hhc - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm/broad1.gif - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm/bullet.gif - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm/caution.gif - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm/ce0682.gif - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm/ce0984.gif - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm/certsel.gif - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm/cre8ah.gif - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm/cre8ahco.gif - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm/dgt5ghz.jpg - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm/dgtapx1.jpg - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm/dgtapx2.jpg - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm/dgtwarn.jpg - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm/disconn.gif - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm/eapfast1.gif - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm/eapfast3.gif - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm/eapfast6.gif - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm/efmscid.gif - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm/efmssid.gif - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm/eftsvrid.gif - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm/excelent.gif - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm/exportop.gif - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm/glossary.htm - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm/goodsig.gif - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm/index.htm - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm/intro.htm - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm/leap2.gif - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm/lowsig.gif - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm/mic.gif - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm/netacces.gif - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm/neticon.gif - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm/nfracon.gif - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm/nfravail.gif - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm/noradio.gif - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm/nosig.gif - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm/nosignal.gif - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm/note.gif - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm/notice.gif - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm/peap1.gif - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm/peap4.gif - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm/peapprop.gif - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm/profil3a.gif - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm/profile2.gif - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm/profile5.gif - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm/profiles.htm - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm/props.htm - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm/regs.htm - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm/rootcert.gif - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm/serverid.gif - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm/sp1350mp.htm - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm/sp1350pc.htm - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm/sp1370mp.htm - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm/sp1390ec.htm - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm/sp1390mc.htm - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm/sp1450mp.htm - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm/sp1470mp.htm - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm/sp1490mc.htm - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm/specs.htm - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm/srvidptl.gif - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm/sysicon.gif - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm/toolstrt.gif - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm/trouble.htm - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm/ttls2.gif - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm/usewiz.gif - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm/utildiag.gif - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm/utiliinfo.gif - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm/utility.htm - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm/utillink.gif - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm/utilsmon.gif - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm/vlowsig.gif - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm/wizahns.gif - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm/wizard.htm - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm/wizbroad.gif - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm/wizfound.gif - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm/wiznbkey.gif - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm/wiznbrdy.gif - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm/wiznobro.gif - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm/wlnet.gif - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm/xahnsec.gif - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm/xnosecur.gif - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm/xpadv.htm - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm/xpadv2.gif - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm/xpadv3.gif - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm/xpadv4.gif - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm/xpadv5.gif - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm/xpbasic.htm - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm/xplocat.gif - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm/xpwless3.gif - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm/xpwless4.gif - OK
>C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm/xwepsec.gif - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlhlp.chm - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwliss.dll - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlnpf.sys - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwlpkt.dll - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwls.ini - OK
C:\DELL\drivers\R115320\bcmwls32.exe - OK
Nothing there, although that report does not look correct. Have you been able to restore your internet connection?
I understand your concern with the risks of using the internet, but with a good protection plan in place, and safe internet use, you should be ok. What's our other option?
I can give you a good plan to stay clean in the future.
Let me know on the network connection. If not then try Winsockfix.
Hey Indigenus,
Current situation does not look good. WinsockFix didn't work, and the netsh winsock reset command from the command prompt didn't work either. It seems as though as I reboot my computer, there is something from my system32 boot up files hogging up resources and stalling the system startup. The malicious program or whatever it is acts in intervals of 5 seconds: on and off, on and off. It keeps on doing this making my system incredibly slow to do anything. I ran safe mode from startup and ran HijackThis and it said:
Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 4:16:35 PM, on 2/12/2009
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP3 (6.00.2900.5512)
Boot mode: Normal
How does it run in Safe Mode? Can you take a look at Task Manager in Normal Mode and see what is using the resources. I will probably send you over to the tech forum as I don't think this is Malware.
Hey Indigenus,
In Safe Mode everything is running normally, or so it would seem. When I look at the CPU usage for processes, it just says that the System Idle is 99%. However, I think I found some suspicious items in the startup log listed by HijackThis. There were at least 40 or so registry references listed in all of the HK registry classes in their currentversion folders that ended with either "Run",RunOnce, or RunOnceEx" and also said "value not found." It appears as though something is being run once my system starts up. This is nuts. I've never had this happen to my computer before. Also, my sound card isn't working either. Internet is still not working.
Sincerely,
eharri2
These are all valid and all I can see….
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Broadcom Wireless Manager UI] C:\WINDOWS\system32\WLTRAY.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPEnh] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SigmatelSysTrayApp] %ProgramFiles%\SigmaTel\C-Major Audio\WDM\stsystra.exe