Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 91868 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

I keep getting redirected when browsing the Internet.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jakeb459

jakeb459

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 01:36 PM

Hello,

I am writing here now as when I am on the internet, every now and again I get redirected to a random site that offers malicious downloads. I have not downloaded anything malicious since this started. It all began when I was on a forum looking for recommendations about antiviruses (ironic I know) when a popup appeared. Usually I ignore popups as they are a red flag for danger however this one was from chrome, by that I mean in the shape of the default built in popups, so I clicked it expecting to update Java.

I was taken to a page where java_installer.exe was installed and instantly Norton (360) marked it as suspicious and deleted it so I went along thinking it was fine. Since then as I said I have been redirected 3 times randomly on secure websites and have had 1 attack blocked by Norton called "Fake Browser Update 2", there was a website linked with it as well.

I have checked everywhere for solutions and I have downloaded and tried JRT, Malware Bytes Free, ADW cleaner, Kaspersky  TDSS and one or two others, all of which have found nothing. I have booted in safe mode and scanned with Norton, and with Norton power eraser. I have also checked my network setting, browser settings, removed temporary files, unknown programs, and even gone into command prompt and tried to manually detect and remove threats and there is still nothing found. 

I am wondering whether it is the router that has been infected however none of the other computers in the house have had any internet issues. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated, it really would, I am getting desperate now and it seems as if it will never be solved. I apologise for the long post I wanted to include most details, thanks again for any help in advance,

Jake.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Tech

• Tech Team
  • 7,806 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Good, inexpensive wine (not an oxymoron).

Posted 20 August 2014 - 06:47 PM

Go to the Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal forum, read the info there and follow the posted directions. Once you receive a clean bill of health, come back here if you have any additional questions or concerns or it turns out not to be a malware problem.

Please be patient as that is a very busy area. If you do not receive a response in 3 days, post a message here: What To Do If You Have No Response In 3 Days?

Do not reply to your post there as the malware folks look for posts with no replies first.

Rich

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

#3 jakeb459

jakeb459

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:35 AM

OK thank you, I have created a new topic over there and followed the instructions. 

Edit: Add link to malware thread: http://forums.whatth...howtopic=128556 - Z

Edited by Ztruker, 21 August 2014 - 07:29 PM.