Whats happening and were at this point. When I boot up I get Network Internet Access and Unidentified Network Internet Access and many time I get Network No Internet and Unidentified Network No Internet.
Prior to possible Malware their were a few virus removed, but now I am reporting clean. What brought me here Monday my MBAM reported threat stopped, and that's when I notice in my network Icon showing
Network Internet Access
Unidentified Network Internet Access
So I used a restore point thinking I got hit with an infection and revert back to another point, but things went down hill from their.
During this time of the clean up Ken was doing, the windows wanted to update 12 updates pending and sometime 5 would succeeded while 7 fails and each time of doing the updates when I boot back up I get what's I just described off and on and most time forcing me back to restore points.
Well Today we tried the updates again and 5 Succeeded while 7 failed, and we left it like this, because I know if I tried to update the 7 they may or may not succeeded and I will lose internet again or have it again showing 2 or one or 2 networks.
Also during the filed update the error code was 80070308
System Spec's
Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 32 bit
8 gig's of ram but only using 2.77 due to being 32 bit OS
AMD A10-6800K APU 4.10 GHZ
1 TB HD
So as of now I have not tried to do the failed 7 updates and have internet atm and Ken suggested I come here, read over the logs of what he did for more info.
From reading through the malware thread, at the moment all is working. All updates applied, just one network connection and you can use the internet.
So, what can is it you want to do now? Do you still want to upgrade to Windows 7 X64 from X86? If so, that requires a Clean Install which means you need to backup your data. You don't need to buy a new copy of Windows 7 as the key you have for the X86 version will work with the X64 version.
You can download the X64 iso and burn your own DVD or create a bootable flash drive to install from. Here are the instructions:
If you do not have a Windows 7 installation DVD, or it's not up to the Service Pack level currently installed, you can download a legal copy with SP1 integrated from here:
Windows 7 Direct Download Links
Make sure you get the same version you have, Home Premium, Pro or Ultimate and 32 or 64 bit. Note that Basic or Starter is not available.
I recommend using ImgBurn at 4X speed (or the slowest available) to create the DVD from the downloaded .iso file. Just be careful during the install not to accidentally install some of the bundled junk that comes with it. Always take The Custom Install option.
You can do this on any computer capable of burning a DVD.
YOU MUST HAVE A VALID KEY TO INSTALL THIS .ISO.
The one on the COA sticker on your computer will work.
If you are just using the Recovery Console you do not need a key.
You can also create a bootable USB Flash drive (4GB or larger) to install Windows 7 from.
Download and run Universal USB Installer Easy as 1 2 3
Select Windows 7 from the first drop down list, all the way to the bottom
Select the downloaded Windows 7 iso file
Select your USB flash drive
Click Create
For techies or folks who work on computers:
Create Windows 7 Universal ISO With All Editions Selection On Install with ei.cfg Removal Utility.
This will fit on a 6GB flash drive or can be burned to a DVD.
The age old question to be or not to be that is the question. Well atm everything is still working great with the only exception that MSE will no longer install, but after reading over the AV-Comparatives Report, I am not sure of wanting to use MSE. but we will get back to this later.
As far as goingto 64, hummm well I went and bought my the win 7 Ultimate dvd 64, thinking if this was not going to be fixed to format and install. So what do you think, as they say having another set of eyes on never hurts.
So here is what I have and need to know how to do this, I have a 1 TB Hd but I did a partition the drive 200 Gb for C: drive and the rest on D: drive, many of my data is on d drive did this for a reason in case c drive got infected or something. So can I install the 64 bit version of windows on c drive without wiping out the drive or the whole HD has to be formatted???
Program I am not to much worried about cause I have all my cd for them and the other can be downloaded and reinstalled if needed, so if Drive C: can be formatted and installing the 64 bit od and leave the drive alone would that work and what would be the instruction to do so. I wait and see and make a decision and also looking for a good reason why 64 should be installed. Thanks.
Hummm like Neo said in the Maxtrix, Hummm upgrades lol…
No I bought the full version as I do with all my past os, never liked using upgrade due to bad experience with win 95 and 98, clean installs is always the way I went, but this is the first time I had a drive partition C: and D:
Just to let you know I am up and running installed windows 64 bit ultimate, in the process of installing my software and so forth. I let you know how all turns out.