Avast forum hacked..currently offline
1 min read
It's been down since (I believe) May 25th or 26th.
WOW !
That's 2 weeks or so….
Makes an old dog like me wonder what an earth is going on and why it is taking so long to fix it….
Rumor has it that it is pretty embarrassing for a security company to get hacked (even made the news here in the states) and they are doing everything possible to ensure that it never happens again.
I didn't think it was that long. Seems I was on the forum in the last week or so.
It was hacked over this past weekend
Not sure which weekend it was though.
'Posted here* 27 May 2014:
- http://forums.whatthetech.com/index.php?showtopic=127575&p=848821
"… pretty embarrassing" - Not so, methinks. Remember what Patton said long ago: "Whatever is made by man can be overcome by man."
No one is immune.
![]()
http://forums.whatthetech.com/index.php?showtopic=127575&page=2#entry849429
AVAST forums back online. ![]()