This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

viewers getting a virus warning from my website [Solved]

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

hello again

 

I keep up a website for some friends.  Couple of people have gotten a virus warning, accessing the site.

 

 

When I go to the site, I get no such warning. 

I really don't know how such a thing would work, anyhow.  If the file for one page, on my computer, were infected, and I uploaded that page, would that set off somebody's antivirus warning? 

Or would it have to have been hacked with more than that, like something that could send the virus to someone's computer if they were looking at the site?  Or do some viruses self-contain a downloader?

 

'Nother question: how would I scan the website as it is online?

I guess I could scan the files on my computer.

Would re-uploading the site fix it, if my in-computer files are clean?

Is this a question for my host?

Why doesn't my (or the owners') computer detect a problem when viewing the site?

Why is the sky blue, when it is pink on Mars?

 

Here's the website:   sonnyandperley.com

 

Here is the complaint:

 

———————————————————————————————————————-
I read your email and wanted to see your website.  
The anti-virus program on our work computers have prevented me from accessing it. 
The message reads:
 
ESET Endpoint Antivirus
Threat detected
Details: Web page: http://www.sonnyandperley.com Threat: JS/Tivso.Gen trojan Comment: Access to the web page was blocked by ESET Endpoint Antivirus.

—————————————————————————————————————————-

 

Thanx,

denno

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI