Background….I have a laptop with XP used mainly as a back up if I have issues with my main PC, with the support now stopped for xp I decided to try Mint16 and eventually eliminate xp completely but have a couple of issues.
1. My RAM is only 760MB so may have to increase it or go for a lighter Linux version.
2. I have had issues connecting my landline cable as Mint cant find it (I probably messed up with passwords etc)
Anyhow I would like to uninstall Linux mint until I get the issues sorted out and then reinstall, as far as I remember I installed Mint in a seperate partition but how do I go about uninstalling it as I dont want to mess up xp.
I cant believe it was that far back I asked about this, anyhow got round to attempting to remove linux from the given link but it does not work for XP, I have googled and the best I can find is needing a winxp disc. The said laptop came preinstalled with winxp so I dont have a disc for it.
Easy Recovery Essentials can fix many errors such as this automatically using its built-in Automated Repair option. EasyRE is currently available for Windows XP, Vista, 7 and 8 and can be downloaded and created on any PC.
once you fixed the boot options so it only boots into xp, use windows disk management program and delete the mint partition and either resize the windows partition or use it as a data partition.