Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

How to uninstall Mint 16

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 scudo

scudo

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:11 PM

Background....I have a laptop with XP used mainly as a back up if I have issues with my main PC, with the support now stopped for xp I decided to try Mint16 and eventually eliminate xp completely but have a couple of issues.

1. My RAM is only 760MB so may have to increase it or go for a lighter Linux version.

2. I have had issues connecting my landline cable as Mint cant find it (I probably messed up with passwords etc)

Anyhow I would like to uninstall Linux mint until I get the issues sorted out and then reinstall, as far as I remember I installed Mint in a seperate partition but how do I go about uninstalling it as I dont want to mess up xp.

I would appreciate any guidance on this.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 terry1966

terry1966

SuperMember

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 01:50 PM

http://ubuntulinuxx....boot-windows-7/

should be the same steps regardless of what windows operating system your using.

don't bother entering your name email when downloading bcd just hit download button.

You can leave it blank if you like, but we'd really like to stay in touch!

:popcorn:

Edited by terry1966, 23 April 2014 - 01:57 PM.

#3 scudo

scudo

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 07:37 AM

Thank terry.

#4 scudo

scudo

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 01:48 PM

I cant believe it was that far back I asked about this, anyhow got round to attempting to remove linux from the given link but it does not work for XP, I have googled and the best I can find is needing a winxp disc.  The said laptop came preinstalled with winxp so I dont have a disc for it.

What to do?

#5 terry1966

terry1966

SuperMember

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 04:48 PM

you still have a dual boot working and want to delete mint correct?

use Easy Recovery Essentials from the bcd site.

https://neosmart.net...very_Essentials

Easy Recovery Essentials can fix many errors such as this automatically using its built-in Automated Repair option. EasyRE is currently available for Windows XP, Vista, 7 and 8 and can be downloaded and created on any PC.

once you fixed the boot options so it only boots into xp, use windows disk management program and delete the mint partition and either resize the windows partition or use it as a data partition.

:popcorn:

#6 scudo

scudo

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 04:52 PM

Thanks I will attempt this over the weekend.

Thanks for replying.