2. Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware If this program is already installed: Skip the installation and run only the scan! Download the free version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop. Double-click mbam-setup****.exe and follow the prompts to install the program. Note to Vista | Windows 7/8 users, please right-click and select Run as Administrator.
Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.
Then click Finish.
If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.
When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
When completed, a log will open in Notepad. Please copy and paste the log back into your next reply.
Note 1: The log can also be found via the Logs tab when Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware is started. Note 2: If you receive a notice that some of the items couldn't be removed and they have been added to the delete on reboot list, please reboot.
***
3. ESET Online Scanner
Connect any existing external hard drives and / or other removable media.
*Note It is recommended to disable onboard antivirus program and antispyware programs while performing scans so there are no conflicts and it will speed up scan time. Please don't go surfing while your resident protection is disabled! Once the scan is finished remember to re-enable your antivirus along with your antispyware programs.
If this program is already installed: Skip the installation and run only the scan!
Hold down Control and click on the following link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window. ESET OnlineScan
Click the [external image: esetOnline.png] button.
For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
Click on [external image: esetSmartInstall.png] to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
Double click on the [external image: esetSmartInstallDesktopIcon.png] icon on your desktop.
Check [external image: esetAcceptTerms.png]
Click the [external image: esetStart.png] button.
Accept any security warnings from your browser.
Check [external image: esetScanArchives.png]
Make sure that the option "Remove found threats" is Unchecked
Push the Start button.
ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
When the scan completes, push [external image: esetListThreats.png]
Push [external image: esetExport.png], and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as MyEsetScan. Alternatively, look for report in C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Online Scanner\log.txt. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
Push the Back button.
Select Uninstall application on close check box and push [external image: esetFinish.png]
Memory Processes Detected: 0
(No malicious items detected)
Memory Modules Detected: 0
(No malicious items detected)
Registry Keys Detected: 0
(No malicious items detected)
Registry Values Detected: 0
(No malicious items detected)
Registry Data Items Detected: 0
(No malicious items detected)
Folders Detected: 0
(No malicious items detected)
Files Detected: 0
(No malicious items detected)
(end)
Also here is my ESET Online Scanner results
C:\Documents and Settings\Blondy Girl\Application Data\AVG\Rescue\PC Tuneup 2011\101221183343421.rsc multiple threats
How the computer is running now?
Hmm maybe a little unstable…not often but at times it freezes and the page goes white and the icons go white on the desk top (no actual icons just squares)
Thank you so much for your time…really appreciate it
Turned on computer and clicked on Firefox Icon to go online….CPU usage is 49% and I have frozen white page
Firefox is using 225,336 memory usage
I've never had this happen where I freeze before my page even opens and this seems to be since I changed all my settings as per that article link you gave me about security
I have been frozen here now for over 25 minutes so I am going to turn it off and try again
I had to use internet explorer to get her to let you know what's happening.
Of course I can delete PC Tuneup
So I am wondering should I use my system restore and go back to Friday? That was before I did all the tweeking…my computer seemed to run a lot better allowing cookies and saving history
Well I opened the instructions to remove the TuneUp….I do not have any icon to click on. A AVG folder opens everytime I turn on my computer…when I click on the folder there is a Rescue Folder and a PC Tuneup 2011.
In the Rescue Folder is a Folder Called PC Tuneup 2011 with two RSC files
The PC Tuneup folder has a logs folder and inside that is a startup manager text and an uninstall manager text
I am really sorry about everything
**edit** when shutting down the computer last night I got the error nsAppShell:Event Window
Copy/paste the following text written inside of the code box into the Custom Scans/Fixes box located at the bottom of OTL
:OTL
O4 - HKCU..\Run: [ROC_ROC_JAN2013_AV] C:\Documents and Settings\Blondy Girl\Application Data\AVG January 2013 Campaign\ROC_JAN2013_AV.exe ()
:Files
C:\Documents and Settings\Blondy Girl\Application Data\AVG\Rescue\PC Tuneup 2011
C:\Document and Settings\All Users\Application Data\AVG PC Tuneup 2011
C:\Documents and Settings\Blondy Girl\Application Data\AVG PC Tuneup 2011
c:\windows\Tasks\ROC_ROC_JAN2013_AV.job
c:\windows\Tasks\ROC_REG_JAN_DELETE.job
c:\documents and settings\All Users\Application Data\AVG January 2013 Campaign
c:\documents and settings\Blondy Girl\Application Data\AVG January 2013 Campaign
:Commands
[purity]
[emptytemp]
NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on that particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating system.
Then click the Run Fix button at the top
Let the program run unhindered, reboot when it is done
Then post the Fix OTL log.
Scan with SystemLook
Please download SystemLook from one of the links below and save it to your Desktop. Download Mirror #1 Download Mirror #2
Double-click SystemLook.exe to run it.
Copy the content of the following code box into the main textfield:
:folderfind
*Tuneup*
:regfind
Tuneup
***
Click the Look button to start the scan.
When finished, a notepad window will open with the results of the scan. Please post this log in your next reply.
Note: The log can also be found on your Desktop entitled SystemLook.txt
Scan with Windows Defender: Do you still get warnings?
I've tried to download the SystemLook to my desktop but it says it is not a valid Win32 Application
Thank you very much
blondy
OTL
All processes killed
========== OTL ==========
Registry value HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\\ROC_ROC_JAN2013_AV deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Blondy Girl\Application Data\AVG January 2013 Campaign\ROC_JAN2013_AV.exe moved successfully.
========== FILES ==========
C:\Documents and Settings\Blondy Girl\Application Data\AVG\Rescue\PC Tuneup 2011 folder moved successfully.
File\Folder C:\Document and Settings\All Users\Application Data\AVG PC Tuneup 2011 not found.
File\Folder C:\Documents and Settings\Blondy Girl\Application Data\AVG PC Tuneup 2011 not found.
c:\windows\Tasks\ROC_ROC_JAN2013_AV.job moved successfully.
c:\windows\Tasks\ROC_REG_JAN_DELETE.job moved successfully.
c:\documents and settings\All Users\Application Data\AVG January 2013 Campaign folder moved successfully.
c:\documents and settings\Blondy Girl\Application Data\AVG January 2013 Campaign folder moved successfully.
========== COMMANDS ==========
NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on that particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating system.
Then click the Run Fix button at the top
Let the program run unhindered, reboot when it is done
Thank you again for your assistance…at the moment the only issue is the one I mentioned yesterday…about the error when I close the computer and not being able to open FireFox…
The AVG file is no longer opening everytime I start the computer and I am not getting any reports from the Windows Defender anymore
Here is the report from the OTL text
========== OTL ==========
========== FILES ==========
C:\Documents and Settings\Blondy Girl\Application Data\AVG\PC Tuneup 2011\User Reports folder moved successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Blondy Girl\Application Data\AVG\PC Tuneup 2011\Logs folder moved successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Blondy Girl\Application Data\AVG\PC Tuneup 2011 folder moved successfully.
========== REGISTRY ==========
Registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Avg\PC Tuneup 2011\ deleted successfully.
Registry key HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-789336058-2025429265-725345543-1004\Software\Avg\PC Tuneup 2011\ not found.
========== COMMANDS ==========
OTL by OldTimer - Version 3.2.69.0 log created on 02172014_130032
No add ons for either….I only have the adaware add on and a yahho tool bar addon which is disable cause at the moment their latest update doesn't support it
It happened after the stuff I did in post #16. When I shut down the computer I got the "nsAppShell:Event Window" error.
I removed it and then reinstalled it but it doesn't seem to have fixed anything
Thanking you
blondy
**edit I attached a picture of the error📎hungapp.JPG