Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Add Or Remove

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 2dazed

2dazed

Authentic Member

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 03 December 2003 - 12:24 AM

Doing some cleaning. In Add or Remove programs... There is one WinMedPlayer hotfix, which I don't use. (Win Med that is) Can I remove it? Then there are about 30 WinXP hotfixes, I have WinXP, but 30 hotfixes for it??? All with their own hotfix #'s, of course. Is it safe to remove these? Don't like Windows,really, as they are owned by Microsoft. Right? The more it's set up for me, & not them, the better. Four of the hotfixes say " See Q329048 for more information", etc., all the way to """Q834""". WHAT?
It hurts to be so open minded, and not see a thing-2dazed
Don't ask me, I'm new here myself-No clue who said it

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 cnm

cnm

-

• Visiting Fellow
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 03 December 2003 - 12:41 AM

Don't uninstall the Win XP hotfixes! And don't uninstall the Media Player hotfix unless you decide to uninstall the Media Player itself.
Microsoft MVP Windows-Security 2005 Posted Image
The Boot camp at Spywareinfo.com

#3 2dazed

2dazed

Authentic Member

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 03 December 2003 - 10:58 AM

Thanks, CNM. I'm glad I asked first. :D
It hurts to be so open minded, and not see a thing-2dazed
Don't ask me, I'm new here myself-No clue who said it