This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Discussion

Add Or Remove

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Doing some cleaning. In Add or Remove programs… There is one WinMedPlayer hotfix, which I don't use. (Win Med that is) Can I remove it? Then there are about 30 WinXP hotfixes, I have WinXP, but 30 hotfixes for it??? All with their own hotfix #'s, of course. Is it safe to remove these? Don't like Windows,really, as they are owned by Microsoft. Right? The more it's set up for me, & not them, the better. Four of the hotfixes say " See Q329048 for more information", etc., all the way to """Q834""". WHAT?
Don't uninstall the Win XP hotfixes! And don't uninstall the Media Player hotfix unless you decide to uninstall the Media Player itself.