This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Sync tablet with computer

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have absolutely no idea if this is the right forum or not.  If not, would you please direct me.

I have a nexus 7 tablet that I would like to sync to my laptop computer where I have windows 8.1   I have googled it and cannot make sense of it at all.

Can someone help me or direct me to a link that might explain it in English.

Thanks so much.

what exactly are you trying to sync??

 

both devices use different operating systems, which do not work in the same way, that doesn't mean that you can't sync anything but first we need to know what it is you want to sync before we can find out if it is possible or not and point you to some guides to accomplish what your after.

 

:popcorn:

not really sure what you mean by yahoo, is that your email?

 

far as i'm aware your yahoo account will be the same regardless of what device you log into it from so your emails should be there on both devices, so still not sure exactly what your trying to sync. sorry. :blush:

 

:popcorn:

Yes, yahoo is my email.  When I go to delete some email on my tablet, it doesn't delete it on my computer, and vice versa. I also wasn't able to get to this thread via my tablet, had to go to my computer.

I know there should be a way to sync the two emails together, I just cant figure out how.

ok what do you use on both machines to access your email?

 

it should just be a simple setting somewhere on one of the devices.

 

also see if this helps. :- http://forums.androidcentral.com/verizon-galaxy-note-2/233486-yahoo-email-not-syncing.html#post2828533

 

PLEASE LOGIN TO YOUR YAHOO ACCOUNT AND CLICK ON THE "gear" on the top right, THAT GIVES YOU THE MENU AND CLICK ON
"mail options". CLICK ON THE "general" tab WHICH IT OPENS UP TO BY DEFAULT. SCROLL ALL THE WAY TO THE BOTTOM. YOU WILL SEE "turn on ssl" CHECK THE BOX TO THE RIGHT OF IT. ONCE YOU SELECT IT CLICK "ok" AND PLEASE MAKE SURE TO CLICK ON THE YELLOW "save" BUTTON TOWARDS THE TOP.

 

:popcorn:

Try to sync using cable, a USB connection between the Nexus 7 and your computer works fastest when the devices are physically connected. You make this connection happen by using the USB cable that comes with the tablet.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI