Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Conduit browser Hijack and possible other PUPs installed and old trace

Browser Hijack Windows 7

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
32 replies to this topic

#31 BnTheMan

BnTheMan

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:08 PM

Satchfan,

It is good to hear  that we have finally finished up cleaning my PC.  As for the file, VideoFideDownload, I do recall downloading YouTube videos a while back, but I did not know that this was from VideoFideDownload. I think for right now I will keep the file.  However, the article that you have posted,  is a bit confusing, being that the article stated many anti-virus programs detect this as malware. Other than the knowledge that I have used such tool, I'm not sure what I should do except trust the program, since I sometimes do like downloading YouTube videos.

So for now, I think we can say that my PC is clean to the best of our knowledge. Thank you so much, and happy holidays. :wavey:

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#32 Satchfan

Satchfan

SuperHelper

• Malware Team
  • 6,813 posts
  • Interests:LFC, music, more LFC, more music

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:39 AM

You are welcome.

Have a good Christmas.

Satchfan

NINA - Proud graduate of the WTT Classroom

Member of UNITE

The help you receive here is free but if you feel I have helped, you may consider making a Donation.

#33 Satchfan

Satchfan

SuperHelper

• Malware Team
  • 6,813 posts
  • Interests:LFC, music, more LFC, more music

Posted 05 December 2013 - 10:51 AM

Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could be of assistance.

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please follow the instructions here http://forums.whatth...ed_t106388.html
and start a New Topic.

NINA - Proud graduate of the WTT Classroom

Member of UNITE

The help you receive here is free but if you feel I have helped, you may consider making a Donation.