This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Linux ubuntu malware and pop up help [Solved]

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi,

 

I have recently moved to using ubuntu as my operating system. Anytime i'm online i constantly get popups on websites and when i click any link it always loads up several windows avertising various products or surveys. I have looked online for fixes but cannot find any and its driving me insane can somoone please help me sort this out.

 

 

Colin

Hi Colinvansmith,

 

I suspect that you don't actually have an infection… but rather you have some "add-ons" installed in your browser that are producing the result you see.

 

Most of the helpers in this section are less than conversant with ubuntu.  Therefore I suggest that you post in the Open Source forum and one of the Linux guys should be able to guide you.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI