Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Microsoft Word 2013 being very unresponsive

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ClementZ

ClementZ

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:39 PM

Title. Whenever I try to open Word, or download a text from the internet that opens word, Word has been uncharacteristically slow. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it, but my CPU usage has also been very high lately (70+% lots of the time), even though nothing about how I use the computer has changed. These two problems began two days ago.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 8210GUY

8210GUY

SuperMember

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,284 posts
  • Interests:Hoping to die.

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:45 AM

I have no experience with that version of office, but it does sound like a background process causing the system to choke, and this is the most likely cause of your slow down in office, you don't say what protection your using, but for peace of mind I suggest running a scan using Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, the free version is the one to get, but if you want real time cover from this you can buy it, but download and install if not already, it will update during it's install if you accept it, then run a deep scan, if you already have it installed update before running, see what this comes back with.

Also do you run junk file cleaners ?
I use 3 (ATF-Cleaner, Disk Cleaner and CCleaner), as each gets bits the others miss, it wouldn't hurt to run them and see if that helps, if nothing here helps a system restore may be the easiest way to go, if it's only just started doing this, taking it back to before when this started would be worth a try, you wont lose any files, but it may set things back to how they were, hope something here helps.

Braindead

#3 ClementZ

ClementZ

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 12:48 PM

I did a system restore, and it deleted most of the programs I had downloaded recently (Adobe CS6, Autocad, Revit, VRay), so I have to redownload all of them and such. The problem is fixed though, (it isn't running hot anymore and Word works fine).