This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Microsoft Word 2013 being very unresponsive

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Title. Whenever I try to open Word, or download a text from the internet that opens word, Word has been uncharacteristically slow. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it, but my CPU usage has also been very high lately (70+% lots of the time), even though nothing about how I use the computer has changed. These two problems began two days ago.
I have no experience with that version of office, but it does sound like a background process causing the system to choke, and this is the most likely cause of your slow down in office, you don't say what protection your using, but for peace of mind I suggest running a scan using Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, the free version is the one to get, but if you want real time cover from this you can buy it, but download and install if not already, it will update during it's install if you accept it, then run a deep scan, if you already have it installed update before running, see what this comes back with.

Also do you run junk file cleaners ?
I use 3 (ATF-Cleaner, Disk Cleaner and CCleaner), as each gets bits the others miss, it wouldn't hurt to run them and see if that helps, if nothing here helps a system restore may be the easiest way to go, if it's only just started doing this, taking it back to before when this started would be worth a try, you wont lose any files, but it may set things back to how they were, hope something here helps.
I did a system restore, and it deleted most of the programs I had downloaded recently (Adobe CS6, Autocad, Revit, VRay), so I have to redownload all of them and such. The problem is fixed though, (it isn't running hot anymore and Word works fine).

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI