This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Corrupted Content Error

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

How would you go about trouble shooting the following error?

Corrupted Content Error

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because an error in the data transmission was detected.


This is happening on my web site which runs in my home on Apache and uses PHP and MySQL to generate pages.

I can't provide a link as the site is restricted to my family and I want to keep it that way. What I'm looking for is how to approach figuring out what has changed. I know the code has not changed, so something in the browser, IE, Firefox and SeaMonkey all fail. FF and Seamonkey generate the above error message. IE just goes back to site index.html page.

I wrote all the code for the web site but it's been running so well for years that I've forgotten much of what I knew. I can't seem to get my head around how to debug this.

Edit: I guess I need to figure out how to capture or view the page being sent to the Apache server.
Code has not changed in years.

The bug has this though, which may apply.

> Yes. Probably the code was causing *two* instances of the header to be sent.
> This is exactly why it's good for the browser to warn.


I use the PHP directives ob_start() and ob_end_flush() quite a bit to control the sending of header info. I wouldn't be at all surprised that I'm sending them twice at some point. At least now I have something to look for.

Thanks
I commented out the ob_strat() and ob_end_flush() commands and the problem goes away. Now I need to find out where the headers are being sent initially, prior to ob_start() I would guess. Thanks again.
That's good to hear Rich, I wonder what triggered the problem when your code has worked well for some time…however the longer I work with these sort of things the more amazed I become at how something minor can trigger such an unwelcome output…
Has to be a change in the browser security, IE and Firefox. Not sure if Chrome gets the same or not as I dislike Chrome so will not install it on any of my computers. No problem with previous releases of SeaMonkey. 2.17 was good and 2.20 gets the error.
As far as following the data stream, you can use http://www.wireshark.org/

It takes a bit of training to read this thing effectively, but it will show you exactly what is taking place in the communication stream. Its a tool I can't go without when it comes to things like this.

Too bad on that Chrome thing…. I hated on chrome for a long time just because - then I tried it. Its now standard software installed on every computer I touch. Fastest, most reliable browser I have used - hands down.

Take care.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI