Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Corrupted Content Error

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:17 PM

How would you go about trouble shooting the following error?

Corrupted Content Error

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because an error in the data transmission was detected.

This is happening on my web site which runs in my home on Apache and uses PHP and MySQL to generate pages.

I can't provide a link as the site is restricted to my family and I want to keep it that way. What I'm looking for is how to approach figuring out what has changed. I know the code has not changed, so something in the browser, IE, Firefox and SeaMonkey all fail. FF and Seamonkey generate the above error message. IE just goes back to site index.html page.

I wrote all the code for the web site but it's been running so well for years that I've forgotten much of what I knew. I can't seem to get my head around how to debug this.

Edit: I guess I need to figure out how to capture or view the page being sent to the Apache server.

Edited by Ztruker, 22 September 2013 - 05:26 PM.

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:30 AM

Is this any help?

https://bugzilla.moz...g.cgi?id=681140

Look particularly at Comment 12 (re the headers...)

Although why this should suddenly happen when its been running fine for some time is a mystery...

any other changes likely to have happened?
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate

#3 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:54 PM

Code has not changed in years.

The bug has this though, which may apply.

> Yes. Probably the code was causing *two* instances of the header to be sent.
> This is exactly why it's good for the browser to warn.

I use the PHP directives ob_start() and ob_end_flush() quite a bit to control the sending of header info. I wouldn't be at all surprised that I'm sending them twice at some point. At least now I have something to look for.

Thanks

Rich

#4 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:32 AM

:thumbup:
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate

#5 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:48 AM

I commented out the ob_strat() and ob_end_flush() commands and the problem goes away. Now I need to find out where the headers are being sent initially, prior to ob_start() I would guess. Thanks again.

Rich

#6 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:27 AM

That's good to hear Rich, I wonder what triggered the problem when your code has worked well for some time...however the longer I work with these sort of things the more amazed I become at how something minor can trigger such an unwelcome output...

#7 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:26 PM

Has to be a change in the browser security, IE and Firefox. Not sure if Chrome gets the same or not as I dislike Chrome so will not install it on any of my computers. No problem with previous releases of SeaMonkey. 2.17 was good and 2.20 gets the error.

Rich

#8 appleoddity

appleoddity

SuperMember

• Tech Team
  • 3,071 posts
  • Interests:Eating, Movies, Family, Church, Music, Volleyball, Softball, Poker, Computers, Electronics, Reading.

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:40 PM

As far as following the data stream, you can use http://www.wireshark.org/

It takes a bit of training to read this thing effectively, but it will show you exactly what is taking place in the communication stream. Its a tool I can't go without when it comes to things like this.

Too bad on that Chrome thing.... I hated on chrome for a long time just because - then I tried it. Its now standard software installed on every computer I touch. Fastest, most reliable browser I have used - hands down.

Take care.

The help you have been given is free. If you have been happy with our help please consider donating to support this forum.

If you would like to say thanks for the help I have given you please View My Profile and Leave a Comment.
Your encouragement is welcome.