I have a Dell OptiPlex GX270 pentium 4 desktop computer with Windows XP sp3 that I got an infection on and can't restore it, I can't even get to my desktop applications, files,programs. I tried getting help here on whatthetech but they were unable to help. We tried all kinds of things but couldn't get it working again. I have a homemade Windows XP sp2 install disc but I'm not sure what I did with the product key. My son got a Windows 7 disk with his laptop about a year ago. And I was wondering if I would be able to use the Windows 7 disk to install Windows 7 on my desktop? Do you happen to know how I would install that? Do I need to format anything or does the Windows 7 disk do all of that for me? I believe my hard drive is partitioned. Is there someone there that could help me format, install Windows 7? Or, if I absolutely have to install Windows XP with sp2 again, is there someone that would be able to help me to format, install that? Thank you very much!