uTorrent still doesn't show up.
I've updated Firefox and Java - seems to be helping for now.
I found some other programs for Revo to uninstall that I thought I had removed so I'm doing that now (old photo software….. I thought that when I upgraded photo editing software that the old version would go away).
When windows installs updates, do they just keep taking up room on my system? Or do old updates get removed?
Download Tweaking.com - Registry Backup from here: http://www.tweaking.com/content/page/registry_backup.html
Double click on downloaded tweaking.com_registry_backup_setup.exe file to install the program.
Open installed program.
Click on Backup Now button to create first manual backup:
[external image: Posted Image]
Now adjust some settings.
Click on Settings tab:
[external image: Posted Image]
By default the program will keep 5 backups.
I changed it to 10.
Now click on Create Schedule button.
By doing so the program will automatically create new Windows task, which will create fresh registry backup on every logon.
If you power your computer on more then once every day and you want to have just one daily registry backup click on Open Advanced Settings button and put checkmark in Only Do 1 Auto Backup Per Day.
You're all set [image unavailable: Posted Image]
To restore your registry backup open the program and click on Restore Registry tab.
Select appropriate backup from drop-down menu and click on Restore Now button:
[external image: Posted Image]
You can also restore registry backup manually.
Open Windows Explorer.
Navigate to: C:\RegBackup\your_computer_name\backup_date folder (it'll look like this: 1.13.2013_7.24.50-PM)
and double click on dos_restore.cmd file.
NOTE.
1. At the above site you can also download portable version.
Portable version can be ran from a thumb drive and keep backups of multiple systems.
In case your computer becomes unbootable you can boot to USB flash drive and restore your registry from there (providing you keep current registry backup on USB drive).
2. Help videos: http://www.tweaking.com/articles/pages/twe…ine_help,3.html How To Use The Program How To Use Restore From The Windows XP Recovery Console How To Use Restore From The Windows Vista & 7 Repair Options How To Use Restore By Using A Live CD Step 2
Run OTL.exe
Copy/paste the following text written inside of the code box into the Custom Scans/Fixes box located at the bottom of OTL
My computer keeps freezing up, I will keep trying to follow the latest instructions. For now, I'm in safe mode. When I reboot, I get this screen (attaching a picture). I press F2 and it takes me to the bios menus. I hit escape because I don't want to mess anything up and then it gives me the option of starting up normally or in safe mode.
I did a diagnostic in safe mode and it appears superfetch is not working…. a quick google tells me what it does and how important it is. Might be a new issue?