Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Cut and paste stopped working in Word

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ershaffer

ershaffer

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 07:58 AM

I just used cut and paste to copy Title into Description. So the problem is not in this computer. I have several computers, all using Word from Office XP (the 2002 version of Word) I am writing from my new (1 mo. old) laptop, running on Windows 7 Professional. (Other computers use one version or another of Windows 7) I noticed that cut and paste had stopped working on my desktop PC - had to copy and paste content into Notepad, then again select content in Notepad, and copy and paste into my Word document. Now I'm having the same problem on this new laptop. I've checked the Options in Tools; tried to find Clipboard function in "Run," didn't see it; uninstalled Skype Click program. No luck. Now what?

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 01:26 AM

Hi ershaffer, and welcome to the WTT forums.

Sorry to hear about the Cut and Paste problem.

There are a fair few folks who have experienced this ...so you are not alone!

There are, unfortunately, a number of things that need to be addressed in order to get a fix for this so it will need you to do a little work!

Take a look here:

http://answers.micro...007b8e8d?page=2

Follow all the steps as set out in each post (and please do them ion the order set out...) please don't just start by selecting one fix that you think might do the trick, as we will not then know from your responses at which stage we need to provide revised instructions)

Please also reboot your computer after each fix and then test it solely on Word's ability to cut and paste before moving on to more general tests.

Let us know how you get on

Regards

paws
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate

#3 Peter1

Peter1

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts
  • Interests:Grandchildren, puttering, pc.

Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:56 AM

Hi Paws

Excuse me for joining but I have trouble pasting to WTT with MSIE 11. It works with Firefox and Chrome. I think it is a browser thing but anther member says he has no trouble with MSIE 11.

MSIE 11 has another problem with Enhanced Protected Mode where it alerts you that a particular site is incompatible wish Enhanced Protected Mode and you can either turn it on or off at the alert.

If you want to disable this mode go to internet options >advanced and uncheck it there.

The irony is that this incompatibility occurs in MS's own mail, Oulook.com. So MS is alerting you that MS is a risk.

I wrote to Ztruker about this after I got it cleared up by reading an article by MS explaining you can't have it both ways; either the alert with no risk or no alert with risk.

Obviously I am using Firefox but signing in to my mail etc. is a pain.

Peter