littlegal100
Topic Starter
Hello, I desperately need help for a problem that my laptop has been having since the start of this year.
Around February, My laptop started becoming slower, I kept getting errors such as C++ errors, then my external harddrive got a nasty autorun.inf virus that involved my folders turning into shortcuts with these hidden .exe programs keep popping up. I managed to temporary fixed that with malwarebytes, but it kept popping up and worse it infected my D: and my C: harddrives, my laptop went so bad that my CPU would go 100% from start up, one program would have a very high CPU then when you remove that program another program's CPU would spike so that the CPU will stay at 100% no matter what. I decided to reformat my laptop to its factory settings and I thought that fixed my issue. Until today, The same problem happened again, I had my laptop rebotted to its factory settings to spare me the problem but what happened is the autorun.inf virus immidiately came back the momment I plugged my External Harddrive.
I don't know what to do, I can't exactly reformat my external harddrive but my laptop will go back with the same problem if i don't do something.
Right now this is what my C:, D: and my external harddrive folder looks like:
[external image: Posted Image]
[external image: Posted Image]
[external image: Posted Image]
I've been using auto run exterminator and attached the logs there, the autorun.inf keeps popping up. I would deeply appreciate it if I can be helped with this. I don't know what to do and i'm sure the rest of the symptoms will resurface if I dont get extra help.
Around February, My laptop started becoming slower, I kept getting errors such as C++ errors, then my external harddrive got a nasty autorun.inf virus that involved my folders turning into shortcuts with these hidden .exe programs keep popping up. I managed to temporary fixed that with malwarebytes, but it kept popping up and worse it infected my D: and my C: harddrives, my laptop went so bad that my CPU would go 100% from start up, one program would have a very high CPU then when you remove that program another program's CPU would spike so that the CPU will stay at 100% no matter what. I decided to reformat my laptop to its factory settings and I thought that fixed my issue. Until today, The same problem happened again, I had my laptop rebotted to its factory settings to spare me the problem but what happened is the autorun.inf virus immidiately came back the momment I plugged my External Harddrive.
I don't know what to do, I can't exactly reformat my external harddrive but my laptop will go back with the same problem if i don't do something.
Right now this is what my C:, D: and my external harddrive folder looks like:
[external image: Posted Image]
[external image: Posted Image]
[external image: Posted Image]
I've been using auto run exterminator and attached the logs there, the autorun.inf keeps popping up. I would deeply appreciate it if I can be helped with this. I don't know what to do and i'm sure the rest of the symptoms will resurface if I dont get extra help.