This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

pc fix virus [Closed]

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have the pc fix virus. I have tried to reset to factory settings with no luck. I also bought malware byte but that said it didn't find anything. Please help! I also have Google redirect virus that best buy removed once before.
Hello sunny62 and welcome to the WTT forum.

My name is Satchfan and I would be glad to help you with your computer problem.

Please read the following guidelines which will help to make cleaning your machine easier:
  • please follow all instructions in the order posted
  • please continue to review my answers until I tell you your machine appears to be clear. Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear
  • all logs/reports, etc. must be posted in Notepad. Please ensure that word wrap is unchecked. In Notepad click Format, uncheck Word wrap if it is checked
  • if you don't understand something, please don't hesitate to ask for clarification before proceeding
  • the fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for this issue on this machine.
  • please reply within 3 days. If you do not reply within this period I will post a reminder but topics with no reply in 4 days will be closed!
IMPORTANT:

Please DO NOT install/uninstall any programs unless asked to.
Please DO NOT run any scans other than those requested


Run RogueKiller

IMPORTANT: Please remove any usb or external drives from the computer before you run this scan!

Close all running programs.


Download one of these to your desktop:


for a 32-bt system download this version.
for 64-bit use this one

.
  • close all running programs
  • for Windows Vista/Seven, right click -> run as administrator, for XP simply double-click on RogueKiller.exe
  • when the pre-scan is finished, click on Scan
  • click on Report and copy/paste the content in your next post
  • NOTE: DO NOT attempt to remove anything that the scan detects –everything that is reported is not necessarily bad
If the program is blocked, continue to try it several times. If it still doesn’t work, (it could happen), rename it to winlogon.exe.
Please post the contents of the RKreport.txt in your next reply.

Satchfan
Hi sunny62 It has been a couple of days since I replied to your request for help with your computer problems. Please let me know if you are having problems and still need help. Thanks Satchfan

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI