This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Pop Ups

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have so many pop ups in windows 8, you can't even get done what you wanted to. There were not that many in windows 7. I will even get people talking where there is no pop up. Anyone know what is going on and how to stop those d— popups? Thanks
All new computer and laptops come loaded (I mean really loaded) with programs and services you don't want or will never use. Many of them are constantly clamoring for your attention with pop-ups. These programs are commonly called "bloatware" and "junkware". and can be quite an annoying nuisance.

I would install and run PC Decrapifier which will point to and then remove most of these programs for you.

The PC Decrapifier provides a wizard style interface to help you choose and remove the garbage clogging up your computer.
Nothing is removed before you approve.You'll be shown a checklist of recommendations first. Just tick what you want to get rid of or don't use.
You will have to decide though what programs you want to keep and maybe use. If your not sure what the program is, google it to find out.

If I was buying a new laptop, I personally would remove every program that's recommended for removal :lol:

You can also add AdBlocker IE to your windows browser, which will stop most website pop-ups.
Thanks Lee. Now with windows 8 I will have questions, but this time I will google them first. Should I be on this thread for that. I really like YOUR advice.

Thanks Lee.
Now with windows 8 I will have questions, but this time I will google them first. Should I be on this thread for that. I really like YOUR advice.


Only if it is about pop-ups, if there is another issue with W8 please start a new thread.

Cheers,
Lee

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI