This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Slow computer .. [Solved]

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi, I have a slow computer . I have deleted files as I believed there wasnt enough space . Now when I turn on windows xp I get two messages. - re-install wnicapi.dll - airGCFG.exe - something abt DEAMON - kernel bugger WT ?? :( Please can u help me . many thanks
Hello molly39 and welcome back to WTT.

In August you were helped by rshaffer61 but didn’t bother to reply. We all do this on a voluntary basis and most of us also have day jobs and families, so please be gracious enough to reply even if it is only to say that you no longer require help. Thanks


Air GCFG.exe is not a Windows file so is not critical. Likewise, wnicapi.dll is installed with programs such as D-Link. It appears that they are components of your wireless network card and, according to my research may not be necessary.

I could give you advice but this is the malware forum and I’m not qualified to give advice on networking issues. I could also “move” this post to the correct place but as it’s quite old, it may be overlooked in the other forum. I suggest you start a new topic and explain your dilemma in our Networking forum where the experts should be able to deal with this quite easily for you.

When this is resolved, if you suspect malware you should first read this and then start a new topic here.

Good luck with your computer problem but hopefully we should be able to sort things out for you. :)

Regards

Satchfan
Hello, Thank you for your email. I have posted a new topic on the networking forum. One further question. In the last few days ,when I open a new window I am then directed to a " survey " ?? I have also noticed that when I am surfing the net … words often are underlined , and if I place the mouse over these words advertising is then displayed. I hope this makes sense. Once again .. many thanks

I have posted a new topic on the networking forum.

Good. I'm sure they'll sort it out for you.

At worse, this is probably adware but if you like, we can run a couple of scans to check. See this and let me know how you get on.

Satchfan

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI