This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Search bar, toolbar, form fill in- thief [Closed]

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I use windows 7 Ultimate, Norton 360 Anti-Virus, and Spyhunter 4. Intermittently, when I try to fill in google in my browsers (Firefox or Internet Explorer 9), my start menu search or any other search on my computer, as well as filling in any form ( like the registration form here) a separate search bar and box pops up and puts my letters in it's box ( screen shots attached). The toolbar box is the identical box you would use if you press Ctl + F on your key board. The only way I can stop it now is by using Task Manager. I have, over the past two weeks, spent over $100 on software. Contacted Microsoft, four antivirus companies, numorus malware companies, 5 Tech Sites, and run just about every log , file, extractor, etc. you can imagine - WITH NO RESULTS!! DDS logs attached. I would really hate to have to wipe and format my drive - I could never save everything. I back my drive up but unfortunately I backed it up with the problem, so I wiped my back-up drive. This is my last resort, I hope someone can help me.
Hi ,

:welcome:

My name is Tomk. I would be glad to take a look at your log and help you with solving any malware problems. Logs can take a while to research, so please be patient and I'd be grateful if you would note the following:

  • I will be working on your Malware issues, this may or may not, solve other issues you have with your machine.
  • The fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for the issues on this machine.
  • Please continue to review my answers until I tell you your machine appears to be clear. Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear.
  • It's often worth reading through these instructions and printing them for ease of reference.
  • If you don't know or understand something, please don't hesitate to say or ask!! It's better to be sure and safe than sorry.
  • Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.

[external image: Posted Image] AdwCleaner
  • Close all open programs and internet browsers.
  • Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
  • Click on Delete.
  • Confirm each time with Ok.
  • You will be prompted to restart your computer. A text file will open after the restart.
  • Please post the contents of that logfile with your next reply.
  • You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.
———-

Also, it appears that you have ran ComboFix. Please post a copy of the log it created. It should be found at C:\ComboFix.txt .

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI