This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Which device should I get

28 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

yes the cable that currently comes out of the modem and goes to your pc, is taken out of your pc and plugged into the router, then another cable ( usually comes with the router ) plugs into a different place on the router and connects to your pc. so the physical connections are from your internet service provider, to your home, to the cable modem, to the router, to your pc. the modem see's the router as a pc and lets it connect to the internet(assigning it the ip address from your service provider.), the router then see's any/all devices connected to it ( wired or wireless ) and lets them connect to the internet.(assigning each devices it's own local ip address.) :popcorn:
You only need one on each. You will unplug the cable from your computer (leaving it plugged into your modem) and them plug it into your router. You will then plug a new cable from your router to your computer (in the port that the cable from the modem was plugged into). You're external hard drive probably plugs into a USB port.
amazon shows the 32 gb of the asus nexus 7 being $74 more. I have read in a lot of places it was the same price as the 16 gb.. For that $74, should I get the 16 or the 32 gb. Also, do these tablets come with chargers, I couldn't find where it said either way. Thanks.

You only need one on each.

You will unplug the cable from your computer (leaving it plugged into your modem) and them plug it into your router.

You will then plug a new cable from your router to your computer (in the port that the cable from the modem was plugged into).

You're external hard drive probably plugs into a USB port.



I have so many cords back there, I don't know what plugs into what - but since you are pro - I am going with YOU!
I just want to know how you guys get so smart? I would love to do this!!
You have no idea how much I appreciate you. I am not even nervous about this because I know you will be there. Just have to make sure there is a return policy in case I buy the wrong router. I was just going to get one of the cheaper linkskeys - $44 I think. http://www.amazon.com/Cisco-E1200-Linksys-…eywords=linksys

amazon shows the 32 gb of the asus nexus 7 being $74 more. I have read in a lot of places it was the same price as the 16 gb.. For that $74, should I get the 16 or the 32 gb. Also, do these tablets come with chargers, I couldn't find where it said either way. Thanks.

yes the 32GB is more expensive than the 16GB version.

16GB version sells for $199 http://www.walmart.com/ip/Google-Nexus-7-B…indingMethod=rr
32GB version sells for $249 http://www.walmart.com/ip/Google-Nexus-7-B…S-1B32/21907347

it's up to you if you think you need the extra storage space, and can afford the extra $50, they are both exactly the same except for the extra on board storage capacity.

yes in the box you will get the tablet and an ac charger.

:popcorn:

yes that router would work fine, personally i'd go for a faster wired connection router of 10/100/1000 but there is absolutely nothing wrong with your choice. the faster wired connection only comes into play really if your transferring data from pc to pc. :thumbup:
I can't find where it says this - but can I get the internet and facebook on this tablet or do Ihave to do something different to get it on.
it'll be very similar to using your pc, so yes it can connect to the internet ( using the router's wireless connection.) and yes you will be able to visit pages like facebook etc.

:popcorn:

here's something to read that i think will give you a better idea of some things you can do with it. :- http://blogs.computerworld.com/mobile-and-…-nexus-7-tablet

here's the guide book so you can read all about using it. :- https://play.google.com/books/reader?id=gKm…&pg=GBS.PR1
what is the difference betwween these two Just go to amazon and type in nexus 7 and these will be the first two that pop up.

1. Google Nexus 7 Tablet (16 GB) by Asus


(264)
Eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping.
Product Details
· 1 GB
· 16 GB
· WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth, NFC (Android Beam)
Electronics: See all 16,635 items


Product Details
2. Asus Google Nexus 7 Tablet (8 GB) - Quad-core Tegra 3 Processor, Android 4.1 by Asu

………the first two. I want to buy from Amazon because they are great to work with/ These are both on amazon
Well… the difference that I see is that the first one has 16gb storage - the second one is a 8gb unit. If it were me… I'd pay the $1.70 and get the 16gb.
my search results are going to be different from yours because i live in the uk, so you really do need to copy and paste the urls from the browser into your posts if you want me to see what you see. saying that tho. from the info you've posted 1 and 2 are both exactly the same. except number 2 only has 8GB of storage and is the version not made any more, so don't buy number 2, especially if it's the same price as number 1, but if it's being sold at a much reduced price like $150 or less then yes it would be worth considering. :popcorn:

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI